Dish falling behind in HD

Before those six there was even more available, Tampa was available at one time as a distant.

If memory serves me correctly they had Seattle at one time as well. I got to watch all the Seahawks games.

What does this have to do with the fact that it does indeed exist? Comcast (Digital Preferred package) carries the channel in select markets.[/QUOTE said:
Well said that I had never seen where Military was in HD.
Now you have provided me with an answer but why is it only offered in "select markets"?

It can be remastered like TCM. TCM has done a great job cleaning up old films. That may be possible for the Military History channel footage from yesteryear.
TCM upscaled HD is an insult and the channel shouldn't be complimented. Have you ever visited the TCM thread at AVS Forums? One of the people posting there lives in France and regularly shows screen shots from the French version of TCM. The French version is in real HD and blows away what is shown here in the states.

TCM upscaled HD is an insult and the channel shouldn't be complimented. Have you ever visited the TCM thread at AVS Forums? One of the people posting there lives in France and regularly shows screen shots from the French version of TCM. The French version is in real HD and blows away what is shown here in the states.
Well, TCM still looks pretty good, even the SD version.

Ummmm...why in France and not here???

Answer...not buying it because "some person" on AVS says so. Good grief. You can't judge from a screen shot!!!!!

Googled and Bing'd it...nothing to support.

Last edited:
I know all about the lawsuit. DISH wants it FREE and ABC/ESPN said NOWAY.

So when comparing counts, these don't count since DISH sues them?

Free? That is the dumbest thing I have read, like ever! ESPN Has the highest fee to provider, I mean any provider! Simply an untrue statement. Don't know the exact amount but it is like 4.75 per account. If you are paying 5.00 per account and in a lot of cases people don't even watch ESPN I would be like drop there buts. I do watch but it is not worth 5.00 a month. JMO

Ummmm...why in France and not here???

Answer...not buying it because "some person" on AVS says so. Good grief. You can't judge from a screen shot!!!!!

Googled and Bing'd it...nothing to support.
He must be a French model.

Don't you love competition, think about it whenever Dish adds HD Directv also does too, Hopper vs HR34 (now named Genie) HWS vs HR44 Genie, Joey vs C31/41 client for LiveTV Trickplay capabilities, Dish Anywhere vs Directv Everywhere, Sling vs Nomad, 5 tuners vs 3 tuners (6 with PTAT)

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I know all about the lawsuit. DISH wants it FREE and ABC/ESPN said NOWAY.

So when comparing counts, these don't count since DISH sues them?

Free? That is the dumbest thing I have read, like ever! ESPN Has the highest fee to provider, I mean any provider! Simply an untrue statement. Don't know the exact amount but it is like 4.75 per account. If you are paying 5.00 per account and in a lot of cases people don't even watch ESPN I would be like drop there buts. I do watch but it is not worth 5.00 a month. JMO

His answer does not respond to the cost of ESPN, it responds to the count of HD channels and what if any cost to be HD.

The average cost for ESPN for providers is over $5. I posted an article about it a few weeks ago.

Something FUN!!! Guess that commercial has really seeped in. Having come from advertising, I knew it was a winner.

I don't see how the Military History channel could use HD most of their programming is WWII which is NOT in HD nor color.
I have never seen where the Military History channel is even offered in HD.

I was at a friend's house today for a couple of hours. Mil His was on the whole time. All of it, sad to say, was picture framed. But still, the programming was better than the Military Channel.

Hopper instalation

ONE OR TWO CABLE FEEDS FROM DISH 500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts