Dish / Gannett Dispute Settled! No Channel Removals!

I don't understand why people think they have to have an OTA tuner on their receiver to get OTA channels...I don't know of many TV's that don't have multiple inputs that you can't hook up an OTA antenna to and switch to, so no you can't hook to the receiver and record the OTA channels, but that doesn't mean you can't get the OTA channels and they are always free OTA, you choose to pay for them to be in the Dish line-up. Just sayin...

In most cass they want the ability to record the chanels.

Re: Dish / Gannett Dispute?

Apparently Gannett is already mailing it in. My SNF feed is horrendous. Not having issues with any other channel in the MSP market.

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk 2

I didn't look at CBS before. That and NBC are the 2 I am having trouble with. Sorry Gannett. I apologize for making you seem like a-holes 3 hours early.

Sent from my MoPho using Tapatalk 2

WMAZ has a crawl encouraging DISH subscribers to tell DISH to keep WMAZ on... frankly, removing their chief meteorologist from homes is not a bad thing... it could literally save lives.

I'm ok with it going away. The Amazing Race is available online (the only CBS show we watch)

Have we started to create a list of all the locals involved? I know NBC in Phoenix, but haven't watched the other channels, so couldn't tell you. OTA is out for us-we live in a small outlying town 200 miles from Phoenix. I think they only have FOX locally. Really only watch FOXNews and a few others, but it is football season.

Boni in Southwest Arizona

bonipie said:
Have we started to create a list of all the locals involved? I know NBC in Phoenix, but haven't watched the other channels, so couldn't tell you. OTA is out for us-we live in a small outlying town 200 miles from Phoenix. I think they only have FOX locally. Really only watch FOXNews and a few others, but it is football season.

WXIA and WATL in Atlanta, both HD are affected.

it was posted prevously.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/293245-Dish-Gannett-Dispute?p=2988681&highlight=kare#post2988681

It will be interesting if they cut all feeds with one change or if they make four one for each time zone. Better yet I bet the contract is based off one time zone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Gannett is just resorting to blackmailing by having those runners displayed in tonight's national NBC football game SD vs NO. Wow! I am able to get OTA locals during the day, but the signal becomes weak during the evening and as nightfall sets in. May need to get a bigger antenna for my attic and get rid of locals altogether. Hopefully Dish will have price increases more on the local channel subscriptions next year.

Who sets local channels pricing? I mean is there any kind of mandate by local franchising authority to set locals (Dish) pricing?

Last edited:

That's hardly blackmail, it's their last chance to tell their side before they're gone outside of press releases which will reach a much smaller audience. Most will only care about when it's coming back.

Surprised at how pro-DISH this thread is compared to others. Even DISH said that a 200% increase would be the market rate - so they've been underpaying for some time - and that they're asking for a 300% increase of of some figure we don't know. The answer naturally lies somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It appears NBC will be the biggest network affected. Anyone have an idea as to how most are leaning, a poll? I don't want to compete with Direct Tv with price. If one gets their way they will all return to the well and prices will go up. I vote for more internet content through my Hic to replace the down stations.

I just sent a very pointed letter to my local Gannett station. Basically, I told them they had better knock it off or they will lose a viewer permanently. I can get OTA locals from another DMA easily, also ABC has all their shows online a couple of days later anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts