DISH Guarantees $250 Savings to Satellite Pay-TV Customers Who Switch

yes, but they will have to do more than just "promos" to keep people.

I agree but don't think they've figured that out yet. Imo dish should put their resources & time into becoming a top notch isp, that will ultimately keep them around for generations to come.

I agree but don't think they've figured that out yet. Imo dish should put their resources & time into becoming a top notch isp, that will ultimately keep them around for generations to come.
I think that is what they are working on. With HughesNet(even up'ing the usuage and speed significantly to new subscribers) and working on their fixed broadband, in addition to buying all the spectrum they can get their hands on... I think this is Charlie's personal pet project.

Dish is not doing this because they want to. They are doing it because the have to, if you know what I mean.

It will all become clearer when they announce their quarterly subscriber results in a week or two.
You don't have Dish anymore correct? Why not leave the dish forum as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW, what a bunch of crap! What a bunch of lies!

If you compare Dish to Directv, dollar for dollar on regular non-promotional rates there is no difference.

The only way Dish is correct is if your not in a promotion with Directv and are starting a new promotion with Dish.

The only way your going to beat Dish Networks challenge is if your in a contract with Directv, and then again your paying atleast $250 to break the contract with Directv, so this amounts to nothing more than Dish paying your cancellation fees.

Then they go ahead and screw the retailers by leaving them out of this deal? UN FRICKEN BELIEVABLE

Someone needs to start another Dish Network retailer class action lawsuit. Obviously $60 million wasn't enough to teach them their lesson last time.

Leaving out the retailers doesn't bother me...the few people I do signup anymore are cherry picked.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach from my phone ringing with bs...."I got a new tv and hooked it up, my satellite says no signal now".

Let them have these people....

Reactions: ChadT41

If you compare Dish to Directv, dollar for dollar on regular non-promotional rates there is no difference.

The only way Dish is correct is if your not in a promotion with Directv and are starting a new promotion with Dish.

The only way your going to beat Dish Networks challenge is if your in a contract with Directv, and then again your paying atleast $250 to break the contract with Directv, so this amounts to nothing more than Dish paying your cancellation fees.

Then they go ahead and screw the retailers by leaving them out of this deal? UN FRICKEN BELIEVABLE

Someone needs to start another Dish Network retailer class action lawsuit. Obviously $60 million wasn't enough to teach them their lesson last time.

As a Dish retailer you should go ahead and start that class ac...oh wait that's right, you aren't allowed to be one anymore are you...

Leaving out the retailers doesn't bother me...the few people I do signup anymore are cherry picked.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach from my phone ringing with bs...."I got a new tv and hooked it up, my satellite says no signal now".

Let them have these people....

I just quote my rate to go out and if they don't like it tell them to call 800-333-Dish

Some will get tired of Dish networks games and when they realize they ain't coming out for free either will then pay your rate.

No point in arguing with these people. Let dish be the bad guy, that's why I give them their number.

That's not true and you know better. I don't like comparing promotional to non promotional so I agree there. And I don't see a $250 difference, but I do easily see a $180+ difference every year. There is or certainly can be quite a big difference.

That's not true and you know better. I don't like comparing promotional to non promotional so I agree there. And I don't see a $250 difference, but I do easily see a $180+ difference every year. There is or certainly can be quite a big difference.

You really can't compare the packages Apple to Apple. Directv has select, entertainment, choice, choice extra and choice ultimate. With Dish you got Top120, Top200 and Top250.

Directv entertainment beats AT120 any day, as it has channels Dish has in the Top 200.

It's different for every customer, depending what package fits then best for the channels they watch.

You want BET, it's in Entertainment on Directv. On Dish you need AT200. If you get Top200 just for BET, where is your savings over Directv?

The same can be said for some packages with Dish.

With Dish it's a known fact you get less for less, and that's the only way your saving money over Directv

Reactions: Mr Tony

You do know this is only aimed at Direct customers right? Thus your anger about it only being towards them is the whole point of it...

You really can't compare the packages Apple to Apple. Directv has select, entertainment, choice, choice extra and choice ultimate. With Dish you got Top120, Top200 and Top250.

Directv entertainment beats AT120 any day, as it has channels Dish has in the Top 200.

It's different for every customer, depending what package fits then best for the channels they watch.

You want BET, it's in Entertainment on Directv. On Dish you need AT200. If you get Top200 just for BET, where is your savings over Directv?

The same can be said for some packages with Dish.

With Dish it's a known fact you get less for less, and that's the only way your saving money over Directv
Do not forget the Welcome pack, Smart pack, the Dish America, Silver, Gold. More choices, lower prices, different selections throughout.

You do know this is only aimed at Direct customers right? Thus your anger about it only being towards them is the whole point of it...

It's going to be funny when Directv fights back and puts Dish in its place.

They tried the same thing 4 years ago with the man on the street commercials showing 2 Tv's side by side with one showing directv and the other Dish and trying to tell people Dish costs less.

It worked good for a few months and then Directv came up with something better and dish went running like with a kangaroo with a tail between its legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts