Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Not like Dish cant afford it as I was right with our rates going up if we had Disney HD or not.

Good Dish pay Disney the interest you own. Greedy dirtbag Dish CEO.

And the Disney CEO is not a greedy dirtbag for expecting to be paid twice for the same channels?

Both are guilty. As, as has been said, might our rates go up MORE if Dish just rolled over all the time?

Honestly, I don't see a resolution of this , till they allow DISH to pick just HD channels and allow the down covert for sd customers. Paying TWICE for the same channel in both sd and HD versions would be the death knell for the idea of FREE HD. If sat and cable companies have to pay twice for the different versions, you could expect your bill to double over night . A dangerous precedent that should never be allowed to happen. I support DISH on this wholeheartedly.

Honestly, I don't see a resolution of this , till they allow DISH to pick just HD channels and allow the down covert for sd customers. Paying TWICE for the same channel in both sd and HD versions would be the death knell for the idea of FREE HD. If sat and cable companies have to pay twice for the different versions, you could expect your bill to double over night . A dangerous precedent that should never be allowed to happen. I support DISH on this wholeheartedly.
no need to downconvert..just use the svideo output on their vip211 recivers

Actually, I think the appeals court basically agreed with E*'s position. Disney will probably not want to go to trial on this. This should allow for some kind of settlement between E* & Disney.

Further, there is ambiguity in the “Most-Favored Nations”
clause of the ESPN agreement, which provides that Disney will not
give competing distributors a lower “Net Effective Rate” than
EchoStar’s based on rates reduced by, inter alia, “in-kind
consideration.” A factfinder could reasonably conclude that the
high definition networks that Disney provided to EchoStar’s
competitors for no additional charge constituted “in-kind
consideration” within the meaning of the clause.

Actually, I think the appeals court basically agreed with E*'s position. Disney will probably not want to go to trial on this. This should allow for some kind of settlement between E* & Disney.

That is great news for DISH and everyone else in the industry! I would hate to think what would happen to hd channel count and people's bills if Disney had won on their position that both sd and hd channels should be paid for twice. So once this is settled maybe we will see the hd versions come back.

I sure hope so I would like to see Disney get their A**es kick on this. It the same program just one SD & other HD. I really think providers that pull this should have the courts stick it to them instead.

I will like Disney back in HD but as I said it has been so long I am not missing it though. I still want it for the kids as the only two networks that they get in HD have to show grown up programing so early at night. I know that Dish has no control over what the providers show.

It seemed like things were looking up in mid-January, but nothing since. Anyone heard anything, or have any thoughts, on how this is playing out?

From what I have heard DISNEY is appealing the ruling.

Since DISNEY authorizes the HD receivers that the uplink uses DISH can not do anything until DISNEY turns them back on. And its likely DISNEY will not authorize DISH's uplink receivers for the HD services until the appeal is heard and ruled upon.

From what I have heard DISNEY is appealing the ruling.

Since DISNEY authorizes the HD receivers that the uplink uses DISH can not do anything until DISNEY turns them back on. And its likely DISNEY will not authorize DISH's uplink receivers for the HD services until the appeal is heard and ruled upon.

So, the consumer suffers again... XD

translation, looks like they won't be back this year, but may be back before 2015. anything that involves the courts could take months to years, sadly. see the TiVo vs. Dish case. also see Dish vs. VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)