Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Does anyone know if this trial will have anything to do with the HD channel lawsuit between Dish and Disney?? You would certainly think it would but we haven't heard much about that case in quite some time. Wondering if we are anticipating an outcome like the Voom/AMC lawsuit from a few months ago when a new deal was struck?? Seems like there is very little information on this current trial out in the media right now. I remember reading nearly daily updates with the Voom trial.

It's a different lawsuit, but if there was some kind of settlement maybe the HD issue would also be discussed?

Someone needs to come out and say something on the situation to update customers. There has been nothing yet that I've seen in the last 3 years now.

Someone needs to come out and say something on the situation to update customers. There has been nothing yet that I've seen in the last 3 years now.

I'm sure once there is something to update or announce that the involved parties will issue a press release. Or do expect "there's nothing new to report on this matter" announcements?

I'm sure once there is something to update or announce that the involved parties will issue a press release. Or do expect "there's nothing new to report on this matter" announcements?

I wouldn't expect a nothing new report every so often but its been about 3 years and we've heard nothing either way.

Scott, have you heard any updates from your sources as to what kind of documents, if any, have been presented during the first week of the trial?

I received an email from Mr. Jeffrey from Bloomberg who advised the trial has been recessed since last Wednesday. Interesting, maybe the two sides are talking!!!

I do know that DISH wants to get a deal with them done. DISH has been kissing DISNEY's butt lately on the social networks.

They will make up, the question is when.

yep i am into HD the more the merrier.hey scott i wish something would happen between the two.what are the chances of seeing these channels come back in HD such as these ones DisneyHD,Disney JuniorHD,DisneyXDHD,ABCFamilyHD,ESPNUHD and ESPNNEWSHD.eventually when things get settled.

I'm going to guess that the previous post is asking a question that has been answered many many times before...

yep i am into HD the more the merrier.hey scott i wish something would happen between the two.what are the chances of seeing these channels come back in HD such as these ones DisneyHD,Disney JuniorHD,DisneyXDHD,ABCFamilyHD,ESPNUHD and ESPNNEWSHD.eventually when things get settled.
They are coming back Soon®.

From the article, I find this is amazing - that is a LOT!!

"Across the country, TV viewers are finding their cable and satellite bills increasing exponentially. That is due in no small part to money paid for live sports. For example, by the end of the decade, Time Warner Cable will be paying nearly $8 for each of its roughly 13 million subscribers every month just to carry one network -- ESPN -- which is nearly twice as much as TWC paid just a couple of years ago."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)