DISH Hopper Wireless Keyboard / Remote / Social Networking Concept Video

Have to go change my vote on the price I'd pay. Love the idea, but won't pay another monthly fee, and the remote needs to be universal, programmable. I still want BT keyboard access.

I agree it should be free for early adopters (i.e. Beta testers).

Any chance this remote could be interegrated to work with the 922, or will it just be for the Hopper?I like the 922 now and dont really want to upgrade again...

Any chance this remote could be interegrated to work with the 922, or will it just be for the Hopper?I like the 922 now and dont really want to upgrade again...

I really couldn't see Dish spending any more time and money on the 922. Seriously doubt you will ever see this feature on the 922, plus it has to get released for the Hopper first.

Couple of things. 1. You have a lot of stuff on that remote. Remember when you lost it under the chair, the couch? When Pluto the dog got it. The time you dropped it?
In other words if you have a mishap with it you lose a lot of capabilities. 2. Perhaps the keyboard should be bigger. The remote control really gets beaten up and typing on a little qwerty
is hard for some gorilla types? I think the remote may fail a lot quicker than a regular remote.

I really couldn't see Dish spending any more time and money on the 922. Seriously doubt you will ever see this feature on the 922, plus it has to get released for the Hopper first.

Had the 922 for almost 2 years and now 2 H/J, don't miss the 922 and cannot imagine why any one would keep it, oh wait it did allow OTA but with 6 tuners I don't miss OTA.

Would love to try this new remote if it ever comes out, accually think it should be included as the Hopper remote.

The more I think of the capabilities, the more excited I become. I think I'll try to get my wife to watch it. (She'll bring me back down to earth). ;)

I completely agree with you. I had the 922 for a couple years too and then switched to 2Hoppers 2Joeys. I love the new system and don't miss the 922 at all. I have to give credit to the 922 for giving me a lot of familiarity with the Hopper though.

Had the 922 for almost 2 years and now 2 H/J, don't miss the 922 and cannot imagine why any one would keep it, oh wait it did allow OTA but with 6 tuners I don't miss OTA.

Would love to try this new remote if it ever comes out, accually think it should be included as the Hopper remote.

After seeing the video and reading all 6 pages of comments, I would love to have this remote TODAY! If Dish can get this out soon, with non-buggy software, I feel it would be a big hit. I, like others, am not really interested in the social media part, but I do think Dish is very smart in adding that. My son & wife would use it a lot, as would most of the younger generation.(That sucks that I'm no longer part of that generation!) Also, just because the Internet features are on it, doesn't mean you have to used them. My Onkyo receiver has satellite radio capabilities, but I've never used it.
As for pricing...I think Dish should do one of two things. Either start including the new remote with every Hopper or Joey, or include the basic remote we get now, and offer the new remote as an upgrade at around $50.00. This way the tech challenged buyers can have the simple remote, while the more advance buyers can get the new, coolest, remote ever. But this is something I think Dish has to decide. Which way would promote the new remote better. Would giving the old remote with the Hopper/Joey stifle the sales of the new remote becuse buyers won't want to paid any extra? Would giving the new remote with the Hopper/Joey be frustrating to use by the "older" buyers? The more I think about this, if a buyer is tech savvy enough to want the Hopper/Joey, then they are probably not have any problem with using the new remote, and including it with every Hopper/Joey would be the way to go.

Whatever choice they make, I think the added features on the new remote that are meant for the Hopper/Joey to be easier to use are very, very appealing. Specially the "Tag" and the "Search" functions.

What line do I stand in to order one???:)
Ghpr13:)

I think a simple tutorial of the new remote by the installer would sell this remote like wildfire. The customer will know right off the bat there is an upcharge but would love to have it after it is demonstrated. Give the installers some kickback for pushing the remote. I would love to have 2 of them.

I would rather they push this remote and make some money in place of the overpriced screen cleaner.

I think those of us not interested in the social networking part, and I'm one of them, will use just such a feature to go to SatGuys. ESPECIALLY if there is a full wireless keyboard option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts