Dish Installation Diagrams

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nippjas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I put this together awhile back but thought I would put up again. Attached is a compilation of all recommended Dish wiring diagrams.

For reference only.

This is a large PDF file (4.3MB), it is recommended that you save the file to your local and then open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view.

To save: Right click on the file, "Save target as", pick your desktop or a folder where you'll remember you put it. After downloading you should have no issue opening unless of course you haven't installed the freeware Adobe Acrobat Reader yet?

Jason

nippjas said:
I put this together awhile back but thought I would put up again. Attached is a compilation of all recommended Dish wiring diagrams.

For reference only.

This is a large PDF file (4.3MB), it is recommended tht you save the file to your local and then open. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view.

Jason

Wont open.

Mickdog said:
Wont open.
Mick, Right click on the file, "Save target as", pick your desktop or a folder where you'll remember you put it. After downloading you should have no issue opening unless of course you haven't installed the freeware Adobe Acrobat Reader yet?

Jason

THIS TOO

SimpleSimon said:
Since when does using the internet mean a 'pass' on simple literacy?

Literacy is not the purpose of the internet it is efficiency but of course you would not understand that.

would this work?

I created a quick diagram to figure out if my wiring would work with what receivers I have on order. The wiring from the Dish to the multiswitch I plan on having the installer do. I plan on wiring the rest of the house, running all wires up to the attic, where I expect the installer will cannect them to the multiswitch.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• Wiring.doc
    555.5 KB · Views: 497
CopperDesigno said:
I created a quick diagram to figure out if my wiring would work with what receivers I have on order. The wiring from the Dish to the multiswitch I plan on having the installer do. I plan on wiring the rest of the house, running all wires up to the attic, where I expect the installer will cannect them to the multiswitch.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

That is how it works. Shouldn't have any problems with that.

Except you won't even need a multiswitch in your install. All you need Is A Quad LNB and three wires directly connected to them.

That was fast!

So each feed to the recievers would come directly from the dish, so I should leave a bunch of extra cable in the attic for the installer to run to the dish.

Thanks all

2 DP34 Switches on Roof

Hey Nippjas great info to have in case the guys who come out are subs. On a side note here, are the DP34 switches made for the outdoors and able to withstand a fair amount of rain? Or do I need to some how cover them? They are mounted on the side part of the roof (eaves) that do not have any covering space or overhang...

bk63ross said:
Hey Nippjas great info to have in case the guys who come out are subs. On a side note here, are the DP34 switches made for the outdoors and able to withstand a fair amount of rain? Or do I need to some how cover them? They are mounted on the side part of the roof (eaves) that do not have any covering space or overhang...
Just leave the plastic caps on the unused ports or dap them with a small amount of silicone. Otherwise it will do fine in the weather though I always like to at least put them in a weather tight enclosure. But again no real need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts