DISH Introduces Flex Pack

For anyone worried about losing credits on their account, I have a $5 three month credit due to the Tribune local channel issue on my account, and when I switched to that package... I still have that credit. I lost some of my credits (I think I had $27 a month) due to dropping the package, but still retained $5 a month for autopay and $12 per month for the DVR, so I am still saving $17 per month for more than a year. Basically just lost $10 worth of credits, for what it's worth.

For anyone worried about losing credits on their account, I have a $5 three month credit due to the Tribune local channel issue on my account, and when I switched to that package... I still have that credit. I lost some of my credits (I think I had $27 a month) due to dropping the package, but still retained $5 a month for autopay and $12 per month for the DVR, so I am still saving $17 per month for more than a year. Basically just lost $10 worth of credits, for what it's worth.
Weird. I only have the $5 per month credit, for the same reason as you (Tribune) and Dish would not let me switch to the Flex Pack offer.

Weird. I only have the $5 per month credit, for the same reason as you (Tribune) and Dish would not let me switch to the Flex Pack offer.

It may be the fact that I already was getting those credits, so they can't apply the new offer until you get to that point. Seems odd. Did you try to see what would happen if you tried attempting to switch to the Flex Pack (go through the steps online)? Before you accept the final change, you can see all the credits applied to the account, which is after the first initial price comparison screen... which it may end up adding the other one in? I can't be sure, but may be worth checking....

Reactions: pattykay
Is the $5 credit worth waiting for the Flex Pack? I'd tell them to cancel my credits so that I can sign up to the Flex Pack now.

Is the $5 credit worth waiting for the Flex Pack? I'd tell them to cancel my credits so that I can sign up to the Flex Pack now.
Well, like I said before, I asked Laila S. from DIRT about that, and never got a reply. My next step will be to call the Loyalty Department and see what they say. As a last resort, I could try what silverdiskdj suggested:

It may be the fact that I already was getting those credits, so they can't apply the new offer until you get to that point. Seems odd. Did you try to see what would happen if you tried attempting to switch to the Flex Pack (go through the steps online)? Before you accept the final change, you can see all the credits applied to the account, which is after the first initial price comparison screen... which it may end up adding the other one in? I can't be sure, but may be worth checking....

I received this from Laila S. on Saturday:
Regrettably, we are not able to forfeit the credit to receive the Flex Pack.
We only provide the national feed for Pac 12 Network

Those were the two question I had asked her and I have two credits which have already begun..

Got a flex pack flier today, also advertising the 120 and 200 plans discounted at $55 and $65 with 2 year contract. Same "new and qualifying existing customers". Anyone existing try to get the discount on the Top 200? Or can they arbitrarily change their meaning of "qualifying"?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Got a flex pack flier today, also advertising the 120 and 200 plans discounted at $55 and $65 with 2 year contract. Same "new and qualifying existing customers". Anyone existing try to get the discount on the Top 200? Or can they arbitrarily change their meaning of "qualifying"?

$65 for Top 200? That's a $15 credit for two years and guaranteed price? Hmmm.... At least a $360 savings...

Qualifying usually means someone who has a credit report enabling any contract with DISH, and not just the pay as you go plan where you must own the equipment. Also means depending on what you may have for existing credits and possibly waiting till they have been used as we have seen with getting the flex pack. And probably if you are behind in payments.

Just tried to get the T200 deal using chat. No joy. Said I'd have to call in to see if I was eligible. In the past that was the 'no you are not eligible, but I cannot tell you that' comment... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's the ad. They can't really say we qualify for the 2 year flex pack and not the top 200, since they are promoting both in the same ad. Noticed it's a 3rd party seller so may not work.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1472064425112.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1472064425112.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 216
I received this from Laila S. on Saturday:
Regrettably, we are not able to forfeit the credit to receive the Flex Pack.
We only provide the national feed for Pac 12 Network

Those were the two question I had asked her and I have two credits which have already begun..
What DIRT still hasn't answered is whether Dish will guarantee that the Flex Pack offer will still be available after our credits are used up. If not, it seems like Dish is arbitrarily trying to completely disqualify an entire category of existing customers from the Flex Pack deal after specifically stating that it is available to existing customers. This is especially infuriating considering how many subscribers recently got credits because of the Tribune dispute, which is in no way these subscribers' fault! :mad:

Can't see it all, but looks like it says "new and qualifying former customers."

I don't see anything about current customers.

I was just going to say the same. I might just not be able to see it? I should have examined it closer, damn. New and qualifying former customers only... in bold.

Hold the phone..... :) DIRT is telling me any core package qualifies just as the Flex Pack does, waiting for a final answer.....
I seem to remember mentioning that possibility earlier. However, Laila S. from DIRT told me that Welcome Pack does not qualify. Let me know if DIRT gives you a different answer.

Reactions: Tampa8
I seem to remember mentioning that possibility earlier. However, Laila S. from DIRT told me that Welcome Pack does not qualify. Let me know if DIRT gives you a different answer.

Well I know I said any core package, and the reply said you can lock a core package. I have no interest in the Welcome pack so didn't ask for small package like that so maybe that one it does not. To be fair I used the word any, the reply said a core package qualifies.

Well I know I said any core package, and the reply said you can lock a core package. I have no interest in the Welcome pack so didn't ask for small package like that so maybe that one it does not. To be fair I used the word any, the reply said a core package qualifies.
Is it just the price lock that any core package qualifies for, or is it also the $5 per month autopay credit?

Is it just the price lock that any core package qualifies for, or is it also the $5 per month autopay credit?

If it is like the Flex Pack, it is the price lock, and whatever the package price discount is, and not receiver fee discount. We need more clarification if that price of $64.99 for Top 200 for example includes any equipment fees discounts that we would not get. So far it must be complicated because I have not heard back yet. (Hear Jeopardy theme song playing...)

EDIT - my own investigation shows the $64.99 locked in price does not include the DVR discounted price, so good news because current subscriber would not get that. Bad news still nothing from DIRT back to me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)