DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

I just want to know what the price is for existing customers, if I want to or am thinking about upgrading to Hopper Plus/Joey 4, before I commit to doing this
I was told $265 for 1 hopper plus and 2 joey 4 can probably estimate it from that i gona assume hopper plus is altest $150, I been dish for 24 years and i got them to wave the fees, contract was waved too.

will see sept 11 2022 if what happen when tech come out

I was told $265 for 1 hopper plus and 2 joey 4 can probably estimate it from that i gona assume hopper plus is altest $150, I been dish for 24 years and i got them to wave the fees, contract was waved too.

Why did I just become less interested?

I really think, that they should consider the Long Term Customers, who have loyal, and stuck with Dish through all of the Price Increases. I guess telling them, that customers are considering leaving them, may wake them up. Highly Doubtful, that they will really care.

My installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Cost was $50 for the Hopper + and 2-year agreement. I currently have one year left on the old agreement, so that will push that out one more year than it is today. Cost to install was $95, but waived if you have the $10.99 per month service plan. There is no minimum month limit on the service plan, so it could be signed up just for the month. No additional monthly fees. I already have the Joey 4s. I already have firesticks, but this is really to have one input, one device. My Harmony Elite continues to struggle to change the inputs correctly, and guests struggle to manage 2 or 3 remotes with input changes. IMHO, a no brainer for the cost to simplify everyday use.

My installation is scheduled for tomorrow. Cost was $50 for the Hopper + and 2-year agreement. I currently have one year left on the old agreement, so that will push that out one more year than it is today. Cost to install was $95, but waived if you have the $10.99 per month service plan. There is no minimum month limit on the service plan, so it could be signed up just for the month. No additional monthly fees. I already have the Joey 4s. I already have firesticks, but this is really to have one input, one device. My Harmony Elite continues to struggle to change the inputs correctly, and guests struggle to manage 2 or 3 remotes with input changes. IMHO, a no brainer for the cost to simplify everyday use.
To switch from our Hopper to our Firestick, we just press "Home" on the Firestick remote, and "Sat" on the Dish remote to switch back.

I get that. Home switches mine to the Fire Cube. Sat does not switch it back on my setup. You still are juggling two remotes, I'm looking forward to a one remote world.
I agree a one remote solution would be convenient, but at this point, I'm not sure it's worth the prices I'm hearing. Especially when the Plus apparently can't be used with two Hoppers. That alone is likely a deal killer for us if there's no work around.

I agree a one remote solution would be convenient, but at this point, I'm not sure it's worth the prices I'm hearing. Especially when the Plus apparently can't be used with two Hoppers. That alone is likely a deal killer for us if there's no work around.
One Hopper household here, so can't speak to that. Do you need the extra storage?

NYDutch has an unusual setup that requires 2 Hopper 3s....
Forgot to mention that I use a Denon AVR to control multiple inputs, with the Fire Cube and DISH being used 90% of the time. Having the apps and DISH under one AVR input will make it a one remote household 90% of the time. Can't trust that this Logitech Elite will have any kind of support going forward.

One Hopper household here, so can't speak to that. Do you need the extra storage?
We have one Hopper w/Sling installed in our Upstate NY family vacation cottage, and the other one in our fulltime motorhome. That setup works well for us since we can record programs at the cottage on days when we're traveling between RV parks for watching later with DishAnywhere. For storage, it does give us 6 recordable sat channels and 4 recordable OTA channels most of the time although we seldom need it all.

Let’s hope this is not the pricing on the 15th.
This what i was told when they told me 1 hopper plus and 2 joey 4, if that correct price i dont know, cause like said all fee and upgrade and contract where waved they might just want me to think it was more. i dont think it should cost more then 100 or 50 for that matter, seeing cost of firestick and roku boxes...

I already ran in to problem after i got work order put threw like hour after order was put threw i called. on bright side i got direct phone number of head of tech operations from dish main office. or so i was told, i probably only get 2 joey 4 to replace joey 4k on sunday unless thing change yet again.. before tech comes

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have an install scheduled for tomorrow for a Hopper + and 2 Joey 4.0s. I called and threatened to cancel my service with them today after learning that my 4K Joeys were not able to get the 4K channels anymore. I have been a customer since 2007. They waived all the upgrade fees and tech visit. The monthly lease payments remained the same and no contract was required.

My Harmony Elite continues to struggle to change the inputs correctly, and guests struggle to manage 2 or 3 remotes with input changes. IMHO, a no brainer for the cost to simplify everyday use.
This honestly is the best feature for me... everything in one place.

For some folks they dont mind changing inputs on their TV and AVR but when you have a wife and kids where the can watch what they want and have it on one input is a godsend, and the fact that the search works searching your DISH and your IP services is really cool.

Let us know how your install goes.

I currently have a Hopper 3 and some Joey 2’s. I’m on the fence about adding the Hopper + because I currently have Roku’s. But I’m definitely interested in upgrading my Joey’s because mine are extremely slow. How are the speeds on the Joey 4 versus the 3? And can I get 4K on the Joey 4 without the Hopper +?
I have the Hopper + and four Joey 4s. Had them for just over one week. I am new to Dish so no experience with the older Joeys. The Joey 4s seem as responsive as the Hopper. i also have one of my Joey 4s operating via Ethernet only (no coax/MoCa connection) and it works the same as the MoCa connected Joeys.