Dish mount options

gcbrowni

Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
The first thing I did when I moved in my house 7 years ago was mount my D* dish on he front of the house. Three years later my neighborhood went historic. My D* dish is grandfathered in, but I want to switch to Voom when the DVR appears and I don't think the commission will allow the new dish in the same place. (IE: They'll use my cutover as an excuse to get rid of my front-of-house- ugly thing.)

I should be able to get the V* dish and antenna on the rear third of the house, but I'm worried about the mounting; I don't think a side of the house mount will work because of the trees, it would have to be up higher. What are the options for getting the dish up higher? Roof mounts have always seemed like a bad idea, as have chimney mounts.

Welcome to the forum!
Perhaps you could use the same D* dish: just point it to Rainbow-1 satellite?

Then you would only need to find a place to mount the OTA antenna cause the addition of the antenna would be a huge eyesore to them over your current dish if they already have problems with the current dish.

The dish could be mounted onto your roof, but make sure the installer seals it with silcone. I have mine mounter on my roof due to the high peaks of my house. I also placed pictures on this board too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts