Dish moves Nat Geo and Style (both HD) to AT200 package

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anyone else get the email from dish stating they have moved Nat Geo and Style into AT200?

This is awesome news. I really enjoy Nat Geo!

I got it, though we could care less about Style. Nat Geo...better!

Nat Geo used to be great. Now all I ever see are prison documentaries and border police shows.

Science has taken my #1 channel ranking.

I was quite pleased when I got the same e-mail ! When I lost Absolute HD, I couldn't justify the cost of AT250 just to keep NatGeo...

Does this change come from National Geographic or Dish Network? I've read in the past where the channel designates what channels from a suite of channels are bundled together from the provider.

I would like to see the DIY channel in a lower package than AT250 myself. Does Scripps decide that availability?

Every channel certainly WANTS to be in the 'lowest' package, i.e. package with the highest # of subscribers. Doesn't mean they get their way.... Some do, of course, like ESPN, Disney, etc.

Many channels have jumped the shark. First was MTV dumping most of the videos, then TLC with the crap shows with families with 100 kids, and others.

Nat Geo used to be great. Now all I ever see are prison documentaries and border police shows.

Science has taken my #1 channel ranking.

DIY is also in DishLatino Max.

That is correct; DIY SD and HD is in Dish Latino Max for reg. $57.99/mo.

The site also shows DIY in Dish America Gold. Although it is an HD only package, I think that the SD feed is also included. Dish America Gold is reg $59.99/mo. However, it does not show on the channel line-up card. Therefore, I would inquire before switching to this package just for DIY.

However, DIY SD is offered in Dish Family for reg. $24.99/mo. As of now and to my knowledge, HD cannot be added to Dish Family although locals (if available in your area in HD) and subscribed premiums would be in HD with that package and an HD receiver.

If you want a printable channel line-up card, you may go to this site: http://www.dishnetwork.com/customerService/programmingGuides/default.aspx

I hope this helps. :)

I got the e-mail stating the additions of Nat Geo and Style, but also got one today stating that they had removed channel 431 ( Sports Talk Ohio )