Dish Network, Here I come!!! (Back from iO)

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Well, Cablevision gave me a great deal for a year, but I just got the bill for the first month after the great deal (tv, phone, internet, 110 bucks) and damn, it's 170 dollars AFTER a 20 dollar discount. (iO silver package)

I told them I dont want the phone service, they told me ok, it will only save you five dollars to get rid of it (loose triple play price).....

I asked them why they charge 36 dollars for equipment fees........they said they'd drop 10. (this was FREE before)

So then they said they'd drop this fee and that fee, and I asked how long this was for, they said SIX months.

Hello Dish Top 200 with HD for 69 bucks! Vonage phone for 24, and cable modem for 30! 130 is way better than 150, and I get my lovely sat. tv back.

I don't care what people say, SAT SD reception is killer, plus 30 hd channels........I"m going to be stuck to the hd channels.

I signed the 18 month comitment and had a club dish card, so I'm pretty happy right now...

One question.

From about two years ago I have two round dishes on my roof....will I be getting anything different? Im in CT

Well 1st welcome back! Yeah Satellite is better by far than cable! Cable has fallen be hind on the times anyway now Dish is up to 31 Channels of HD after they added A&EHD and if you get your locals in HD thats another 4 which would put some folks up to 35 Channels of HD. Either way Dish is by far the HD Leader Direct is playing catch up they might make it one day. But for now Dish Rocks! :)

Yes, there are plenty more HD-Lite channels on E*...and even a handful of HD-Ultra-Lite channels on D* too. If you're even remotly concerned about the number and quality of your HD lineup, then I would go FiOS TV if it is available in your area.;)

Yea tell me about Fios some more.

For some STUPID reason verizon isn't allowed to provide service here. I'd go fios in a second for both tv and net.......but they aren't allowed in my part of CT for some reason.

I wana know if I"m going to get that big wide dish with like 3 LNB's on it!

Or am i stuck with these two round ones?

In our area they have all but eliminated the SD (the big dish with three LNBs of which you speak). Unless you want some crazy international channels, you'lll just be getting the D1000 most likely. MAYBE two small dish 500's...

I wana know if I"m going to get that big wide dish with like 3 LNB's on it!

Or am i stuck with these two round ones?
I do believe that all the HD is on 61.5 in the conneticut area..so you will need 2 dishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts