DISH Network June 3rd FAQ's

my parents are trying to get HD. They have been on Dish for years without a contract without HD. They called to try to get an HD upgraded and was offered either $95 for them to come out to put in a new dish and box, or $15 if he signs up for the protection/insurance plan. (both with 24mo commitment)

I seem to remember that in the past, they would give come out for free because Dish wanted you on your commitment.
I have been out of contract for about 6 months and was thinking about taking advantage of the free HD for life. I was expecting to pay to upgrade the box but if they are also charging for installation then it would be more worth it for me to drop Dish and sign up for Direct considering all the upgrades and credits I would get as a new customer. Heck even though I don't have HD with Dish I already have a 1000.2 on the roof so all the installers would have to do is plug in the new boxes. I'll probably call Dish and explain my situation though I think they would require the full installation since I'm still a new HD subscriber.

This is July and my bill still say HD $10 and Platinum $10. This is not a complaint but it looks like a need to sign up for the 2 year agreement or pay $99 to get free HD and $10 for platinum. I am still on the fence about another 2 year commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)