Dish Network Price Calculator

No biggie, I just had a chuckle. I redid the math and you save a bit more ($1 or so), so good for you. I hope everyone is doing their homework and going with the better priced deal that still fits what they want.

Little confused. So are you saying you have two receivers on your account?
Nope, just one. I briefly had my old SD receiver after upgrading, but I sold it and it's not listed on my account anymore.

Basically, even though the calculator says I should not have a lease fee for my first receiver, the CSR says since it's an HD receiver I do get charged.

It is if you can set it up the right way. (52% cheaper for me!)
Tell me how I can set it up differently to where Dish will be cheaper.

I want the top package just below the everything package
I want full HD access
I want 2 HD feeds and DVRs
I want locals (btw, in my area Direct carries 10 of my locals in HD while Dish only carries 6)

Mine came out to exactly my bill. There is no DVR lease fee for either of my receivers since I have the AEP which is exempt from the lease fee. There is a DVR fee for the first one however. I also do not get DHA since I've been a customer for 10 years. The thanklyou I did get was a free replacement 722 for my owned 921. No up front fee and they did not take my 921. They just sent an installer out here and put it in. Since that free DVR, I now believe it was part of the TIVO suit exchange. No?

True...But I got my equipment for free. When you have been a sub for many years and are no longer under contract, they will be willing to give you things to keep you for another 2 years.

The main point I was making is just one to counter the argument that Dish is the CHEAPER alternative, or that Direct has higher rates to pay for those overpriced sports packages. When one compares apples to apples, especially when you start to add equipment (few people have only a basic SD non DVR one TV only package), there is not much difference in price. It basically comes down to which company best serves your needs at a price you are willing to pay. For some Dish is better (especially in the premium and HD department) and for others Direct is better (especially in the sports department).

I know this doesn't help people now since the package is no longer available. DirecTV was no where near touching the HD absolute package ($42 after taxes/fees), includes HD Locals, DVR, etc. Free install, free equipment, rebates from the DishStore, and rebates on my bill throughout the year. A deal I couldn't pass up! Even though I don't get a few of the new HD channels, I enjoy my service everyday.

I know this doesn't help people now since the package is no longer available. DirecTV was no where near touching the HD absolute package ($42 after taxes/fees), includes HD Locals, DVR, etc. Free install, free equipment, rebates from the DishStore, and rebates on my bill throughout the year. A deal I couldn't pass up! Even though I don't get a few of the new HD channels, I enjoy my service everyday.
Couldn't agree more.:up

I agree, but like you said, this is no longer a valid comparison.

Tell me how I can set it up differently to where Dish will be cheaper.

I want the top package just below the everything package
I want full HD access
I want 2 HD feeds and DVRs
I want locals (btw, in my area Direct carries 10 of my locals in HD while Dish only carries 6)
This will cost you $77.99 for Top 250 with HD and 1 DVR fee and Locals.
Then you'll Have to pay $12 extra for your 2nd HD DVR.
$90 is the best your going to do with Dish with this setup.
Thats for 2 rooms of HD DVR,(2-612) only or 2 HD DVR and 2 rooms SD DVR.(2-722)

And now I pay
$107.99 for Everything Pack (Playboy,HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Encore,Showtime,TMC, NBA TV, NHL Network)
This also includes DVR and Locals.
Then I pay $10 for HD (rumor HD platinum may be included)
and $5.99 for Potection plan.
and a $14 Fee for my 2 addtional HD /and HD DVR (5 rooms 2 HD/ DVR 2 SD DVR and 1 HD room.)
Total $138 per month.
- $10 7 of 12 credits
$128.

Directv wants
$109.99 For Top Package
$10 HD
$6 dvr
$6 Protection Plan
$20 for 4 addtional rooms
$151.99
Kind of a no Brainer for me.
30 RSN's that are blacked out and repeat the same infomercial?
Or Playboy TV.
I made my choice!:D

Thanks, Hemi, for the honest answer.

Basically, like Hemi has shown, it comes down to what is best for your particular needs. Sometimes Dish is cheaper, sometimes Direct is cheaper (such as it is in my case). I would say that more often than not, Dish is cheaper for most, but not by all that much in most cases.

It also comes down to programming offering and packages. Frankly, I am glad each company is unique in some way. This allows for choices.

Basically, like Hemi has shown, it comes down to what is best for your particular needs. Sometimes Dish is cheaper, sometimes Direct is cheaper (such as it is in my case). I would say that more often than not, Dish is cheaper for most, but not by all that much in most cases.

It also comes down to programming offering and packages. Frankly, I am glad each company is unique in some way. This allows for choices.
:shocked

I almost wish D* was losing subs. Because I think they would add more stuff I like," Extra Permiums" But While they are still doing great , Its hard to get a company to add stuff, But it would be nice if they did.
I see a future with D* again, Becuase seomething Tells me E* isn't going to last much longer. Can't wait to see the numbers this quarter.
If I could get D* to offer me 3 of those Tivo HD DVRs, and get some new HD premiums, I'll come back.

I've said it before, Directvs Choice HD DVR pack , Is a great Value IMHO.
Great Line up, and it keeps on getting better.
Choice, Has a good Line up, But too much $$$ for what you get
You can Get Dishnetworks Classic 200 with locals and DVR for $58.
So I'm not really sure why anyone would pay over $60 for Choice and DVR.:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)