DISH Network Price Change

Show me one provider that hasn't raised their prices this year. Its not just a DISH Network thing. DIRECTV did, cable did...

Its not just a TV thing, have you filled up your gas tank lately? How about gone grocery shopping? Seen the prices on staples such as milk, bread and eggs?

Sign of the times unfortunately.

And if I don't get my COLA next year it will get worse.I may have to go to AT200?.

Nah! The boss won't let me get rid of DIY!.:shh;)

This price increase put me from $140 a month to over $150 a month by needing to have 2 accounts in two homes. Mine and my moms so I left them and dumped pay tv all together. How can they not be loosing customers in tough times to be raising prices?:confused:

Their costs go up, their prices go up.

They're in this to get a return on their investment, so they're trying to stay ahead of the game, guessing how much more their expenses will be going up over the next two years.

Not everyone will find pay TV affordable. Heck, some don't find FOOD affordable.

TV has an already low margin and inflating costs, but D and E avoid franchise fees and infrastructure upkeep (fiber runs, etc) that the traditional telcos are swamped in (5% monthly plus) ... plus they can demand a lower per-sub fee from the networks since they hold a very large share of the market. So, they raise the costs and then 'lock it in' for two years because they see a good angle in it.. Subscribers watch their bill go up with Cable and Dish boasts that they're the good guys ... all the while everyone else is raising their prices trying to keep up with the market ... while Dish, they're still making more per sub than anyone else.. cuz that's how they roll.

Revenue rose 5.2% while costs rose 5.8% .. that's all of one half percent increase in cost to do business in 12 months .. not considering the legal fees from TiVo that's closer to being a crack in the road for Dish rather than a speed bump and hardly legitimizes a 5%+ increase on package pricing market-wide.
source--> Dish Network subscriber gain, profit beat street | Reuters

.. but I'll keep paying it and Charlie will keep taking it ;) God love him.

And for that wonderful pricing we get to see..... MORE COMMERCIALS! Remember when the lure of "pay tv" was, gasp, dare I say it? NO COMMERCIALS? I realize that things change, but hey, it's almost 50 - 50 content to commercials. What a joke! I thank heaven for the DVR and wonder when they will get around to disabling being able to skip the commercials.

And for that wonderful pricing we get to see..... MORE COMMERCIALS! Remember when the lure of "pay tv" was, gasp, dare I say it? NO COMMERCIALS? I realize that things change, but hey, it's almost 50 - 50 content to commercials. What a joke! I thank heaven for the DVR and wonder when they will get around to disabling being able to skip the commercials.

Yory blaming Dish!! Have you looked at network fare lately? And are you calling Dish Pay TV? It isn't. It's just a retansmission. True Pay TV is HBO etc. And yes thank goodness for the DVR.

willywonka said:

to me thats one of the thing that bothered me about pay tv if i was getting no commercials i would feel the system was much more fair.

Dish isn't any worse than cable, Cox just sent me a new bill with a 6% increase in my internet connection witout any notification. That is twice in thge last year that they have raised my rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)