Dish Network splitter issue

pattianne

Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
Saint Paul
I have Dish and have a coax cable leaving the receiver outside the house and then it comes back inside downstairs. When it comes back into the house it goes into a splitter. The splitter had one input and two outputs and the outputs said 3.5 DB. The tv's that it split to both were fuzzy and the volume was static. So switched it out to an old radio shack splitter that was laying around. One input and 2 outputs - one output is VHF and the other is UHF. The tv that is plugged into VHF is perfect but the UHF is even worse than it was before. So what kind of splitter do I need. Any ideas??????????????????

The one marked UHF & VHF is probably not a splitter but is a UVSJ signal joiner. What channel are you using to view the satellite receiver?

If it really is just a splitter then all you need to do is buy a high frequency two way splitter. You can find them online or at numerous stores for just a few bucks. Make sure the inserts on the splitter are blue.

Change the TV2 output to a lower freq channel like Antenna 25 or cable 73. I have seen issues with the higher frequency in the uhf deallocated band (ufd 52-69) receiving interference from cell data services. Especially if you have a tv antenna in the system or you are very close to a cell tower.

Change the TV2 output to a lower freq channel like Antenna 25 or cable 73. I have seen issues with the higher frequency in the uhf deallocated band (ufd 52-69) receiving interference from cell data services. Especially if you have a tv antenna in the system or you are very close to a cell tower.

I've experienced the same thing. We use to always put our output on antenna 60 but it got too snowy. Switched it to channel 50 and cleared it right up.

hopper magazine?

Daily Schedule history?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)