Dish Payment Enforcement

i have, on more then one occasion, "made arraingments" to catch up one or another of my bills. having to have so many accounts really sucks.

It seems like Dish should automatically notify someone that the CC is about to expire. They know the expiration date after all. If they see the draft date is past the CC expiration date they should email the customer and put a nice big notice on the bill.

It seems like Dish should automatically notify someone that the CC is about to expire. They know the expiration date after all. If they see the draft date is past the CC expiration date they should email the customer and put a nice big notice on the bill.

I totally agree with that. I they did I wouldn't have been billed a $5 late fee. Oh, I guess that answers that question, they made $5 off me instead of spending a little money to alert me......

As a retailer I deal with people who don't pay their bills everyday. I had a guy the other day who we did a free install for a few months ago in a Barber shop.

When an account is deliquent we get 15 days notice before it goes into hard disconnect status. So naturally we call the customer to see whats going on and try to get them to make a payment.

I had this one idiot last week, I called him atleast 4 or 5 times asking him to make the payment. Everytime the excuse was that he was going to do it the next day...

So I finally get charged back on his account, so I hit up his credit card for $200 for the free equipment I had given him a few months prior and I sent him an empty box in the mail with an explaination of the charges.

This idiot calls me the other day complain and claim that "DISH Network" owes him money because he had problem with his service for the past few months. Gee, he really had nothing to say when I pointed out the fact it was me who called him for the past 2 weeks and nothing was mentioned to me about the system not working, or I would have sent out a technician and collected the payment from him at the same time. I told him if he wanted his money back to either pay the bill, or send the equipment back.

Bottom line is that you got 58 days to pay your bill, once the service is disconnected you have 14 days to make a minimum payment to restore your service without penalty. On the 72nd day it goes into what we call hard disconnect, at which point your paying a reconnect fee, the ballance in full, plus 2 months of service to get reconnected.

I have seen every excuse in the book why someone can't pay their bill, the only valid excuse I have seen is when the customer passes away

Valid "excuse?" Well, my son is in the hospital, doped up & wired up. We were contacted to pay his rent. But we don't have enough info to pay credit card, auto loan or other bills. When he is functioning again, I hope there won't be much trouble- but he's coming up on two months. No sat bill, though.

They did notify me by email. I went in to my online account to change the card info. The system wouldn't accept the new card without making an immediate payment. I just paid the last bill (via autopay) on July 10th. My current bill isn't due until August 10th. Still, they won't accept the new card (actually the number is even still the same, only exp. date has changed) without making a payment now. My kid ordered the last UFC PPV and it looks like that's what they want payment for. Without the card change I wouldn't get billed for it until my normal statement date. Not a big deal, but :what.

They did notify me by email. I went in to my online account to change the card info. The system wouldn't accept the new card without making an immediate payment. I just paid the last bill (via autopay) on July 10th. My current bill isn't due until August 10th. Still, they won't accept the new card (actually the number is even still the same, only exp. date has changed) without making a payment now. My kid ordered the last UFC PPV and it looks like that's what they want payment for. Without the card change I wouldn't get billed for it until my normal statement date. Not a big deal, but :what.

So, when you are very close to your billing date go back in and change your CC info. You just have to set a reminder to do that....

the easiest way to run into this is be setup on dish network autopay with a card that expires. You forget you had that card setup with dish. You get the new card but don't go in and edit it with your account. then when autopay comes due it is denied, and you just failed to pay dish network.
yup I've had this happen to me on several occasions, thats why I prefer direct debit from my checking account, when available as a payment option, over using a card, as I have forgotten from time to time about those every 2 year expiration dates.

Ross

Valid "excuse?" Well, my son is in the hospital, doped up & wired up. We were contacted to pay his rent. But we don't have enough info to pay credit card, auto loan or other bills. When he is functioning again, I hope there won't be much trouble- but he's coming up on two months. No sat bill, though.

Navychop,

Sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure your sons "bills" are the last thing on your mind. Hopefully you can get at his mail and e-mail and at least let his creditors know what is going on with him.

Best Wishes

Ross

Aside from death or hospitalization, there really is no reason to not pay your bills. The economy sucks and unemployment is at record highs, regardless of what the White House says there are no new jobs being created, well thats not totally true, just about every fast food restaurant in my area is hiring, but I digress.

6 years ago my contract was not renewed, no explanation, just a thank you and an app for unemployment. I was 48, had never been unemployed since I was 18, and I was devastated. Once I got past that we sat down and figured out what we needed to do to be sure the bills were paid. We were luckier than most as I am retired Army and my retirement check paid the mortgage and property tax escrow. We had to make some adjustments, we drooped Dish and signed up for what ever deal cable had at the time, saved some bucks. Took some savings and paid off some other things so that the monthly budget was manageable. We turned down the thermostat, and turned off the lights, what ever it took. But the bills were paid before we had fun, and we did manage to have some fun.

The point is folks need to grow up and realize that if they have over spent or lost a job they need to do what ever it takes to pay their bills, or at least talk to their creditors before it is a problem. It's called sacrifice....

Oh by the way, when I get that nice new shiny card in the mail every 2 years it is the reminder to go to the dishnetwork web site and update my auto pay. along with any other folks I do business with that way..

Ross

R0ss said:
Navychop,

Sorry to hear about your son. I'm sure your sons "bills" are the last thing on your mind. Hopefully you can get at his mail and e-mail and at least let his creditors know what is going on with him.

Best Wishes

Ross

Thank you, but that is the problem. No access to his email (all his bills seem to be electronic) and we don't even know who his creditors are. Might go into his wallet to check credit cards and checkbook to send blind payments in.

Thank you, but that is the problem. No access to his email (all his bills seem to be electronic) and we don't even know who his creditors are. Might go into his wallet to check credit cards and checkbook to send blind payments in.

Navychop,
My sincere wishes that everything goes OK for your son.
I had a similar thing happen to me in 2002. I handle all the bill paying and I do 95% of it on line. Due to an illness I was put into a coma for six weeks. While I was in the coma, my wife had no way of getting the info off of the computer because of my password protection, and she's not into computers at all. Luckily, a young niece of mine was able to get into my computer and get my passwords. She help my wife figure out what needed paying.
I hope you're able to find a way to figure his finances out for him.
The best to you and your family,
Ghpr13

Hmmm... 45 days past due... And they cut off your service? And then when they just don't turn it back on because you want it?

That's wrong... So so wrong! They should make you pay up what you owe AND charge a reconnect fee to recoup the cost for customers that never pay up for services received... so that our (ON TIME bill paying customers) don't eat that cost in our bill!!!

Geez...

Have you called dish network because your service was interupted for being past due? Where you told the only way to get it restored is to make a payment for the full balance only? Did the agent refuse to transfer to a supervisor and then hang up? This is what dish calls Payment Enforcement (aka Just Say No). On most accounts that suspened for non payment after dish says the bill is 45 days past due, this is the company policy that dish uses (doesn't apply to bundle or pay in advance accounts). If your account is turned off and marked as delinquent, dish will only turn it back for the full amount due only. Any payment amount will be accepted, but only the full balance will get it restored. If you request to cancel your service, or talk to a manager during the non pay statis, you will be denied that request. If an agent is unable to collect a payment after 3 attempts then he/she will read the following script then release the call.

"Sir/Ma'am, I have explained our company policy regarding this situation. It would certainly be advantageous to the company to be able to turn your service back on and keep you as an active customer, but as our business rules have been explained, this can not be done without making the account current. Since you are not prepared to make your payment today, we have no other options to proceed today. Keep in mind the account will be permanetly disconnected for the next 15 days. Should you be able to make that payment, just as a reminder that we are open 24/7 to assist you. We appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you for calling."

I have been employeed at dish network for almost 3 years and this is not a new policy. It has been in affect for a while. They are not even willing to make payment arangements (that is not an option at dish). It doesn't matter if you have been with the company 10 weeks or 10 years the company instructs us agents to pretty much be robotics on these types of calls until we get a payment for the total balance due.
Simple solution....Pay your bills. Pay them on time. If financials prevent this, downgrade programming or discontinue service...
Pay tv is not a necessity. Feeding your kids IS....

This is not the kind of post we need to see from a Dish employee on a public forum...

I have met this kind of attitude with CSR's when calling in on technical problems and I end up hanging up on them...
This has nothing to do with technical problems..This is about personal responsibility.
Let's not lose focus here.

True corporate crap at it's finest. Yes you should pay your bills, but this is an example of how companies treat people these days. Spew your crap but don't give the customer a chance to explain anything, just spew louder than him/her. :rant:
Maybe someday YOU will be in a tough financial situation (as in "irate deadbeat") and you get treated that way too... Maybe after Dish pulls a few more channels, continuing the subscriber decline, you'll be unemployed and we will "laugh to OURSELVES afterwards" :D

Explain what....Financial hardship? 99 weeks of unemployment?...What?
At the end of the day, the agreement between customer and vendor is clear. Pay the bill and pay it on time. The company reserves the right to terminate service for non-payment. I see nothing ambiguous there. I certainly don't see how a customer can suddenly believe there is "something they can do"....
An agreement is an agreement. Period. Pay up or lose the service. It's that simple. Pay tv has is not and never has been an entitlement.

Ugh.....I would start by getting power of attorney so you can go through his papers and at least contact his creditors and make them aware of the situation. They will work with you.
Sorry to hear about this. Good luck and by all means plaease keep us posted on his progress.
God Bless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts