Dish Police back in action.

So where does taking a receiver tailgating fit in? Guess it should be the primary.
I'm in that catagory. Two Hoppers, one Joey and a 211K. Got the audit call about a month ago and had a bit of difficulty as my phone battery went dead after reading the two Hopper numbers. Got an immediate call again and picked up another phone from the kitchen and explained to the nice lady that I had to go to the garage to check the Joey numbers. That phone died/lost connection while in the garage so went back in the house and picked up another phone when it rang and she was back again. I then was told to go to the 211 location and I explained I had to go to the back bedroom, she started sounding suspicious of me at that point and I explained that it was in the back room and had to hook it up to a TV. Now she started asking more questions about where it was. I then said I got it hooked up and read the numbers for here. In all cases she wanted to know the dish connection. I have two separate dishes and a DPP44 switch, needed for the 211K. I passed the test as nothing got shut off.

I assumed that I got the call because of the 211k on the account and also because I disconnected the Hoppers from my ethernet system as because, when connected, both of my PCs would continually wake up from sleep or hibernate mode. (Very annoying) I thought using the wifi connect to my internet system would solve that problem but it didn't so disabled the wifi in both Hoppers.

BTW, if anyone has ideas on how to fix that PC turn-on problem, I'd like to hear them.

I've failed an audit in the past due to not being able to read off numbers from the receivers that were deactivated from the account a while back. I don't even think I had the deactivated receivers at all anymore. I read all the numbers off the ones I had connected successfully. I called back and griped and demanded that they not have me red flagged and they took me off their so called red flag after that.

All you have to do is Skype/Facetime/Google Hangout with someone at each location (having them point the camera at the screen) and read the location ID number right from your tablet/phone.

"My kids have one subscription to Netflix and they share the password. They get a lot of TV for that." - C. Ergen

Last edited:
"My kids have one subscription to Netflix and they share the password. They get a lot of TV for that." - C. Ergen

LMAO, What a Hypocrite.

Personally, I wish receivers would become more like cell phones and be more of a receiver per person thing with a family share plan. I mean, you got 4 people watching 4 receivers, why should it matter whether or not they're in the same house?

I've had them sent 2nd day air one time, the rest by ground. By the time you discover the problem call in, go through the motions of diagnosis, they don't ship the same day, etc, etc, it normally takes 3+ days, in my experience.

Do all replacements come from SC or do they have a western hub as well? Ground is 2 days for me - once it finally ships.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm in that catagory. Two Hoppers, one Joey and a 211K. Got the audit call about a month ago and had a bit of difficulty as my phone battery went dead after reading the two Hopper numbers. Got an immediate call again and picked up another phone from the kitchen and explained to the nice lady that I had to go to the garage to check the Joey numbers. That phone died/lost connection while in the garage so went back in the house and picked up another phone when it rang and she was back again. I then was told to go to the 211 location and I explained I had to go to the back bedroom, she started sounding suspicious of me at that point and I explained that it was in the back room and had to hook it up to a TV. Now she started asking more questions about where it was. I then said I got it hooked up and read the numbers for here. In all cases she wanted to know the dish connection. I have two separate dishes and a DPP44 switch, needed for the 211K. I passed the test as nothing got shut off.

I assumed that I got the call because of the 211k on the account and also because I disconnected the Hoppers from my ethernet system as because, when connected, both of my PCs would continually wake up from sleep or hibernate mode. (Very annoying) I thought using the wifi connect to my internet system would solve that problem but it didn't so disabled the wifi in both Hoppers.

BTW, if anyone has ideas on how to fix that PC turn-on problem, I'd like to hear them.

In you BIO's there is a setting. In most case's it is under"Power Management", Settings are "remote wakeup" turn it off. As well as Lan wake. Most BIO's are a little different but most are pretty close. Bottom line is , it would not wake up if the system did not allow it. I am guessing you leave your computers on and they just go to sleep or hibernate. In any case check you BIO's good luck.

In you BIO's there is a setting. In most case's it is under"Power Management", Settings are "remote wakeup" turn it off. As well as Lan wake. Most BIO's are a little different but most are pretty close. Bottom line is , it would not wake up if the system did not allow it. I am guessing you leave your computers on and they just go to sleep or hibernate. In any case check you BIO's good luck.
Thanks for your reply. I've spent a lot of time looking for more settings to turn off regarding remote wake-up. Will continue to look but thought I had found them all.
It seems strange to me that I never had this problem with all the previous Dish receivers I've had, just the Hoppers. Since I use my computers a lot, it's easier for me to leave them on all day and allow them to hibernate or sleep when I'm away from my desk.
I hate the wasted power consumption and the possible reduced lifetime of the components, especially the monitor.
BTW, I've converted both PCs to SSDs so booting up is much faster but not as fast as waking up from hibernate or sleep.

In Device Manager, find the Wi-fi adapter and do a properties on it. Click the Power Management tab and the rest of the process should be apparent.

Ideally, Wake On LAN requires a specially crafted TCP/IP packet designed uniquely to wake a computer with a specified MAC address. I've never seen it happen by chance.

In Device Manager, find the Wi-fi adapter and do a properties on it. Click the Power Management tab and the rest of the process should be apparent.

Ideally, Wake On LAN requires a specially crafted TCP/IP packet designed uniquely to wake a computer with a specified MAC address. I've never seen it happen by chance.
When I used the wifi adapter it wasn't waking up, only when I used the cat6 connection. Found the power management tab on the ethernet adapter and unchecked 'allow turn on'.

Reporting back on the 'off topic' subject. Turning off the 'allow this device to turn on the computer' solved the problem on both of my PCs.
Thanks a bunch. Still wonder why the Hoppers with Sling would want to turn on my computers!

Reporting back on the 'off topic' subject. Turning off the 'allow this device to turn on the computer' solved the problem on both of my PCs.
Thanks a bunch. Still wonder why the Hoppers with Sling would want to turn on my computers!

they broadcast when establishing their connection. good to hear that resolved your issue.

they broadcast when establishing their connection. good to hear that resolved your issue.
Probably searching for media devices on the LAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts