Dish Police back in action.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
That extra $5 fee for no phone connection when that existed a while back was automated by the computer.

I found my old bill. It was June 2009 when they charged me $10.00 for two DVRs not connected to the phone line, but did not charge for the other two DVRs. I see that extra phone line $5.00 charge that was automated during this time. It read on the bill "TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line / Broadband.)" That was on my bill three times for three VIP722s. No mention for the fourth 722. I guess it was free.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I remember seeing that on the bill, that you saved $5. In essence if you did not see that then that is the same thing as being charged $5 for not having the phone line connected.

roatansat

May 28, 2013
roatan honduras
i am former sky mexico dealer ..and the way they avoid theft is they make it mandatory for all recievers to comunicate with a master...by installing what they call a pairing bridge wich comes as a 2x2 or 4x4 .if the "master" is disconected then "slaves" imeadietly starts to loose signal and you get a error code. these work with their stacker tecnology or with dual and quad lnb..very simple to install.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
i am former sky mexico dealer ..and the way they avoid theft is they make it mandatory for all recievers to comunicate with a master...by installing what they call a pairing bridge wich comes as a 2x2 or 4x4 .if the "master" is disconected then "slaves" imeadietly starts to loose signal and you get a error code. these work with their stacker tecnology or with dual and quad lnb..very simple to install.

Boy,it sure would suck if the master suddenly died,while waiting for a replacement all the other receivers would be out.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
That could apply if you have two TVs on a 722 and it dies, but really, s**t happens, not the end of the world if you lose TV for the one or two days it takes for a new receiver to arrive. Play some Bly-Rays/DVD/Xbox/PS3/Wii/PC in the meantime :) .

Also, what's with calling Hoppers "Hos?" Where's the pimp? :p

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
That could apply if you have two TVs on a 722 and it dies, but really, s**t happens, not the end of the world if you lose TV for the one or two days it takes for a new receiver to arrive. Play some Bly-Rays/DVD/Xbox/PS3/Wii/PC in the meantime :) .

Also, what's with calling Hoppers "Hos?" Where's the pimp? :p

Are you kidding me!! One or two days with no TV!!:rant:

Last edited:

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Are you kidding me!! One or days with no TV!!:rant:

Well for me personally I could find something else to do, I guess not everyone feels the same way (including the rest of my household probably.) Just crossing my fingers that I never have to find out :) .

There's also the previously unmentioned possibility of... going outside! Lol.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Well for me personally I could find something else to do, I guess not everyone feels the same way (including the rest of my household probably.) Just crossing my fingers that I never have to find out :) .

There's also the previously unmentioned possibility of... going outside! Lol.

That's what I thought. You haven't experienced that yet!! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts