DISH Price Increases

Curious if a particular receiver installed in another room such as Super Joey or Wally with 4K functionality could output 4K through the room where the Hopper is with an app that Dish could add to the existing Hoppers streaming it over moca or internet.
Who the H knows at this point!

A funny point to make is that the Hopper has won the award for best in Show, and for being the direct industry leader in technology. It has the largest internal harddrive, and although only partially integrated, better than most systems. I guarantee we can play the same game backwards with any other company as well. By the way, which company offers auto commercial skip??

Reactions: navychop
By the way, which company offers auto commercial skip??

You DO realize that Tivo not only has it on their new BOLT DVR, but they are rolling it out to ALL their EXISTING Roamio models. (yes, I know the Roamio's are "in select markets", but I'm pretty confident it'll get rolled out everywhere)
Something else...Tivo's CS will work on at least 20 different channels...kind of a far cry from only the "Big 4 nets", don't ya think.

BTW, which company now offers Quick Play on their DVR's; frankly, I like having this feature WAY more than having to push a skip button manually... ;)

(sorry Ice, we posted at same time)

Reactions: Mr Tony
Huh :confused: ??? Tivo IS the provider...of the feature. It's works either on FREE OTA antenna or any cable service w/cablecards...Ice & myself are using it on OTA antenna.

I got (2) of them, because as I've posted on several threads, I got sick & tired of neither E* or D* willing to update their OTA EPG's (with updated subchannel guide info)...with these other features being added, it turned out to be an even better deal than I imagined! AND, if I get REALLY sick & tired of these constant price increases, I'm totally ready to go OTA only.

The television provider. Cable or satellite. Even fiber. TiVo is not a provider. It is a dvr. Are there any MVPD's that offer this feature?

The television provider. Cable or satellite. Even fiber. TiVo is not a provider. It is a dvr. Are there any MVPD's that offer this feature?

Why does it matter if it's the provider's idea? My channels may come from Charter but it's the TiVo DVR I interact with on a daily basis. I don't care what Charter's equipment can do because I made a point to get my own, better equipment.

I don't see how it's any different than Dish. It's the Hopper providing auto-hop. You can't use it on a 722k so it's essentially the same thing.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Because we are talking about providers and their technology. So the simple answer is no, there is not. With the ridiculous statement that maybe Google will buy dish to make them a DVr. Even in this notion, Google would be a MVPD, unlike.... TIVO. I bet you can do it with windows media player too. But we are talking tv providers...

Why does it matter if it's the provider's idea? My channels may come from Charter but it's the TiVo DVR I interact with on a daily basis. I don't care what Charter's equipment can do because I made a point to get my own, better equipment.
exactly!
And if you move providers (say you move from Charter land to Comcast land) you can STILL use the Tivo

Because we are talking about providers and their technology. So the simple answer is no, there is not.
funny how you asked what company...then when we said Tivo you are trying to backtrack :rolleyes:

Both Tivo Bolt (and soon the Roamios) and the Hawper can do commercial skip. Any other model of Tivo or Dish cannot. Simple as that.

Reactions: dishrich
funny how you asked what company...then when we said Tivo you are trying to backtrack :rolleyes:

Both Tivo Bolt (and soon the Roamios) and the Hawper can do commercial skip. Any other model of Tivo or Dish cannot. Simple as that.
I apologize. The content throughout was geared towards MVPDs as that was the previous discussion. Especially with TIVo, they do not have place shifting, correct? Would require the purchase of additional equipment such as a Sling Box? Or transfers?

Because we are talking about providers and their technology. So the simple answer is no, there is not. With the ridiculous statement that maybe Google will buy dish to make them a DVr. Even in this notion, Google would be a MVPD, unlike.... TIVO. I bet you can do it with windows media player too. But we are talking tv providers...

If you want to use semantics to make your point than sure. The fact is that Tivos commercial skip is directly comparable to auto-hop. To act like auto-hop is the only game in town is silly. Anyone on any cable provider in the country can have very similar functionality by getting a TiVo and it actually works on more channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)