DISH(R) and A+E NETWORKS(R) Agree to Multi-Year Renewal

I think that the Military History Channel is owned by A&E but does not seem to be in HD. American heroes Channel was formerly known as the Military Channel (no history in the name). It is easy to get them confused with ecah other or with whatever the old Pentagon Cahannel is called these days.

AT250 will be Shrink more.
Considering, the only 33 Video channel. I think that is time to rebuild theses package:
Encore (count 7) multiplex move part to Starz and also available to ala carte.
TMC w (Count 2) move to SHO package.
The 5 sport channel (BeIN, BeIn2, FS2, Outdoor, Tennis) move to the SPORT package permanently.
The rest, create mini package like the Hearthland.
PACK 1.
AHC
Cooking
NATGEOWild
Rural
Veria Living
Boomerang
Nicktoons
HMC
PACK 2.
Bloomberg
Blaze
Chiller
Fusion
GAC
MUN2
VH-1 Classic
FXM
EPIX Drive
HMC
AT200(W/out regional) or AT200+ (W/regional like AT120)

Reactions: TheKrell
The press release explicitly states that "Military HISTORY" will be made available, but it does not give a time-frame or any clue about being available in HD (VERY few providers even carry it right now).

The press release explicitly states that "Military HISTORY" will be made available, but it does not give a time-frame or any clue about being available in HD (VERY few providers even carry it right now).
Where did you read that specifically that they would launch that channel?The way the release reads, Dish has the option to add it, it does not confirm they will for sure add it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anyone care to guess how long it will take for Dish to be added to the approved provider list? I've got a Roku box I'd like to add the channels to.

If Dish is paying for it, they are going to add it, just saying...
Not necessarily. I suspect they probably had the option to add it all along. Don't get me wrong, I hope they do add it, however, it is a very niche channel, and lately they have been paring those down lately, (think Cloo and G4). As an example, DirecTV and Starz made an agreement over two years ago which gave them the option to add MoviePlex, RetroPlex, and IndiePlex to their lineup when they wish, they still gave not added those channels.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Seriously guys, are you guys who are doubting me even reading the darn thing? LOL "The renewal applies to the entire suite of A+E Networks' channels, among the top brands in the media landscape, including: A&E®, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, FYI™, H2®, HISTORY en Español™, Crime + Investigation™ and Military HISTORY®."

The only problem I have with History channel and it's brothers is all the programs about aliens.
There are NO aliens here because they can't get here there is that little problem with the speed of light NOTHING that has any mass can go faster than light.
I am not saying there is no other life out there but I am saying that it can't get here.

Surprised to see interest in the military type channels. Being a draftee, I enjoy watching them. Like others said, wishing for them in HD.

The only problem I have with History channel and it's brothers is all the programs about aliens.
There are NO aliens here because they can't get here there is that little problem with the speed of light NOTHING that has any mass can go faster than light.
I am not saying there is no other life out there but I am saying that it can't get here.

I agree with the sentiment about H2 and Ancient Aliens, and the Discovery family of channels rubbish on the same topic. But! I must point out that the speed of light does not actually prevent space aliens from reaching the Earth. It might take a generation ship to do it, or the aliens might live for thousands of years and do it in just one. But I see no evidence of alien visitation either now or in the past. I see only wishful thinking about stone-age technology.

Concerning the AAT (Ancient Astronaut Theory) i.e Ancient Aliens etc etc...While I readily admit some of the theories presented on the show are far out beyond left field and only meant to fill time for the 12 episode order, I have read quite a few books surrounding the subject of AAT and there are plenty of things that support the theory that are not complete hogwash.

I am not going to write an essay or give a dissertation on the subject here....Although I will say if you have never researched the subject at all and just dismiss it based on Einstein's Theories, I would suggest you check some books on the subject out and do a little digging, you may surprise yourself. Am I saying it's all true? Of course not...No one knows the answer to that. That's why they are theories...But I do find it interesting.

BTW they just wrote some new math that shows FTL Travel may in fact be possible. It has yet to be tested of course as it is brand new but it could change physics as we know it. I also read NASA was working on their own Warp Drive system as well so the future may hold some very incredible things, if not for myself, definitely for my kids and grand-kids.

I'm waiting for people to declare that completely unacceptable ! In their minds, A&E should have everything updated and waiting for the instant that the agreement is effective. I mean, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, right ? :rolleyes:
To change a couple of authorization packets from one package to another? YES
All the rest of the stuff..NO

I agree with the sentiment about H2 and Ancient Aliens, and the Discovery family of channels rubbish on the same topic. But! I must point out that the speed of light does not actually prevent space aliens from reaching the Earth. It might take a generation ship to do it, or the aliens might live for thousands of years and do it in just one. But I see no evidence of alien visitation either now or in the past. I see only wishful thinking about stone-age technology.

Continuing OT:
Also, Warp Drive (yes, as in Star Trek: for the original series Gene Roddenberry had REAL scientists as technical advisers and got in touch with a lot of people at NASA and the military about coming tech, and this continued in Next Generation) is scientificly valid. With Warp Drive, the ship does not move, but rather the space around it is moved, and, therefore, speed of light restriction does not apply. Further, while in the warp bubble created by warping the space around the ship, time does NOT slow down, but remains unaffected, hence, one can effectively travel exponentially faster than the speed of light with none of Einstein Theories' limitations or effects.

In fact just about all the Star Trek tech was accepted as possible by scientists of the 1960's and today, EXCEPT for the tele-portation tech (beaming up and down). That one was dreamed up as the only cost-effective way Gene could get his characters on the surface of the planet each week. It HOWEVER, a few scientists TODAY have made some discoveries that they feel could make tele-transportation for both inorganic, and even ORGANIC matter possible some day eliminating the current laws that state that one can not re-assemble organic matter EXACTLY as it was upon dis-assembly. The computer memory required to transport a person was a deal breaker back then (they were lucky to get Kb of memory back then), but we are finding less so as we improve the great capacity of computer memory.

However, I do agree that while I do watch those "Alien" shows, I do think there are too many of them, although I like the ones that attempt a scientific explanation for what can be mistaken as UFO, etc, such as the series NASA's Unexplained Files. It's a lot like how The LEARNING Channel is all about Honey Boo Boo, or MTV is about stupid reality series' and now HISTORY, H2, American Destination, Science, etc, and we are even poaching shows from CANADA we are so desperate to make the $$$ on such shows due to their popularity, and just about all the channels now, is about Aliens. I just think we would be better served to have an "Alien Channel" channel or the "Unexplained Channel" that better reflects the content.

As for scientifically sound Warp Drive, we need a cheap way to induce matter and anti-matter to provide the massive power of the sun or a few suns and to contain that and warp space. Very challenging, but even REPUTABLE scientists say they have some optimism for it for future generations. They believe humans will solve these challenges as we have solved other technological challenges. Personally, it may take a hundred or so years to achieve it just as Roddenberry put his characters 200 years in our future.

Live Long and Prosper. :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts