Dish set up for tampa, fl

tim tim tim

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I was a tech in salt lake city but was not able to transfer job locations because there is no office here :(.

Anyways, I was planning on just goign with cable but now that I have it, it sucks and id rather pay more for dish then this stuff.

My questions are what would be the dish set up for HD out here? In SLC we used 110, 119 and 129 with a 1000.2 dish but I havent seen that dish here and I assume were using like 61.5 but dont know the others. Would I be able to get it all on one dish or do we need 2 dishes over here to get the hd?

I was a tech in salt lake city but was not able to transfer job locations because there is no office here :(.

Anyways, I was planning on just goign with cable but now that I have it, it sucks and id rather pay more for dish then this stuff.

My questions are what would be the dish set up for HD out here? In SLC we used 110, 119 and 129 with a 1000.2 dish but I havent seen that dish here and I assume were using like 61.5 but dont know the others. Would I be able to get it all on one dish or do we need 2 dishes over here to get the hd?

Existing customers usually get a 2-dish install: one 500 looking at 110/119 and a wing dish looking at 61.5. That's how they installed me even though I had all mpeg4 receivers. New subs usually get a 1000.4 install for 61.5/72.7/77.

So which are they getting there HD off of? I was under the impression you had to look at 129 for hd.. Also what is the difference in the 1000.2 vs 1000.4? Is it just called different because of the satellites it looks at or is it a completely different dish?

Basically im probably going to work for the cable company down here, there HD is terrible so i am just going to get the turbo hd set up from dish. Unfortunatly I wont get a discount on it anymore but so be it.

129 and 61.5 have identical english language national HD programming and 72.7 and 110 carry the same additional national HD programming for their respective arcs. So on the WA national HD comes from 110 and 129 and on the EA from 72.7 and 61.5. Satellite spacing is different on the two arcs, thus the need for two different LNB assemblies. The 1000.2 is for the WA 110/119/129 and the 1000.4 is for the EA 61.5/72.7/77.

Where is here? It all depends on your area, some are EA installs and some are WA installs. With their 1000.2 or 1000.4 antennas or you'll see some older installs of the 110/119 w/ 61.5 wing.

"here" is tampa fl.

So from here you could either do EA or WA installs? Id assume I wouldnt be able to get locals off the WA set up though, right? Is there any other benifit from one over the other or would it just be a matter of line of site?

Also, if anyone happens to know the subcontractor dish uses here that would be nice info to have :). My old manager from SLC is working on finding out who it is but any help would be appreciated

The Tampa HD locals are on both arcs so you can go either way. If you go through E* you could either get a subcontractor or a Dish Tech. My paperwork is packed away so I can't tell you the name of the one that serviced me and the name on the sticker they placed on the remote has long worn off. Since I was an existing customer, E* wouldn't allow me to have an EA install so I had the hybrid 110/119 and 61.5 setup. I'm in the Tampa DMA but south of Sarasota.

I live in Palmetto, just north of Bradenton. I have a Dish 500 with the International setup for 110, 118, and 119; then a wing dish for 61.5. If you want to get the AAD channels, you have to have 110 & 119. An EA dish will not get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)