Dish set up requirements

papachops

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
West Fargo, ND
Good Evening from West Fargo, ND. We are close to closing on our new home in West Fargo and the process has been very messy for various reasons. Mid-Com could not install our data and voice link today as our monument connection source can't be accessed due to high water from heavy rains yesterday. Our Dish install contractor is scheduled to do his install tomorrow afternoon coming off of pause. My question is: Do they require working data or voice to complete the install in our new home. I have the two VIP-612' DVR's that we brought with us and the locations they will be placed in.

Thanks Larry
PS: Happy to be back online with the group and I've following along while camped out in a temporary apartment with the slowest connection I've ever had.

They do not need working phone or internet to install your Dish. Just as long as they have LOS to their birds, is all they need. They do prefer to link it, as I believe techs have a ratio they are suppose to get online, but that is not necessary on the consumers behalf.

They do not need working phone or internet to install your Dish. Just as long as they have LOS to their birds, is all they need. They do prefer to link it, as I believe techs have a ratio they are suppose to get online, but that is not necessary on the consumers behalf.

Thanks Chad, At least something might go right with our relocation

Thanks Chad, At least something might go right with our relocation

A follow up on our Dish installation. The Dish tech that did our install was the first of many people we've dealt with during the building of our house that performed what we asked and did it very well. We talked while he did the installation but he didn't slow down at all doing what he needed to do complete the job. It was my pleasure to meet someone like him.

Larry

Niiiice. Glad you are up and running, and can atleast watch some TV while you wait for internet.

Thanks again Chad. We finally close on the house tomorrow afternoon and can start moving items in after that. My wife and I will be happy to vacate this apartment get back to some sense of normal life again.

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)