Dish sure changed the Hopper

I am the original poster, One of the reasons I went with the Hopper was the ability to dvr programs we might miss at home due to weather, we live 30 miles from work. We were never notified of any change, however when I called Dish they did say you should have noticed we took off the DVR fee. I feel we were promised one thing then 18 month later Dish switched. I would not have been as upset if they had said at the end of your contract we will be making a major change to your service, please be aware of this and select a new plan at that time. The new packages they now offer to dish business accounts have less channels, and far less features. I have a Joey in my office that has only been used for Pandora or Sirius music when I work late, it is now useless to me, If I cancel it the savings will off set the new price increase. If it wasn't for the local channels I would probably just use some sort of IPTV.

The DIRECTV DVR Service is not authorized for use by Business Viewing Customers or Public Viewing Customers."
This and the aforementioned Hopper features above may be why DIRECTV is rumored to be doing a diskless Genie.

I recall a similar situation last year with a school staffer that had the same thing happen.

Reactions: Tampa8
Basic cable is available from Comcast

I would probably go with basic cable and IPTV then. I am looking into the same type of set up in my home as even though the Hopper/Joey set up is awesome, I am tired of all the fees.

It's a shame they can't make 211s more UHF friendly. I recommended Hoppers and Joeys to several commercial accounts on account the fantastic remote control functionality and HD at every TV.

What's funny is we used multiple 211's around the call center, and set the IR remote to the same address(1) and was able to walk around and make our changes as needed. Cool thing about IR is there is a master code option as well, but I can't remember how to access it.

Cool thing about IR is there is a master code option as well, but I can't remember how to access it.

IIRC, you can either prog a regular remote for receiver code "0", which overrides all other codes on any non-HO/JO receiver - or use one of these type IR remotes, (from a 111 receiver) that ONLY works on code 0 (AKA "broadcast IR address")

$_57.JPG

Last edited: