DISH Survey: TV Shows and Movies

Oh, another one is this: at first NO title card at all for TV Show Name of the Game, but now using a compass at title card for the tiles, but this is NOT the correct title card, but a generic one I've seen on other shows. This show airs on Cozi TV OTA 4.2 in LA, but there is guide data for this channel with many having correct title cards. It does have correct episode synopsis, but I am uncertain if the episode # is correct because episode # is often WRONG on several TV shows on the guide on many channels such as Golden Girls (I'll write about that later). Also, no First Aired date.

Also, on Cozi TV: McMillan and wife with correct episode synopsis and correct title card, but NO original air date and no episode number. Further, this show later changed name to simply "McMillan" after Susan St. James, Nancy Walker, and, eventually, John Shuck left the show. For these "McMillan" episodes, it still has the McMillan & Wife title and cover art and still no original air date nor episode number, but correct episode synopsis.

Golden Girls is just one example of SEVERAL re-run TV shows that have utterly WRONG and screw-up episode numbers. Golden Girls airing 9/22 on 185 Hallmark all info seems correct EXCEPT for Episode # listed as "18." The correct episode # is "118"; Further Episode # 119 is INCORRECTLY noted at episode 25; Episode 120 INCORRECTLY shown as episode 22; and it goes ON and ON just for Golden Girls. This obvious mess of episode numbers occurs for several other re-run TV Shows. I shall try to give more examples in future posts.

Last Night 9/21 Nationwide Race (NASCSAR) had been listed as "PRE RACE" even though content was the actual race.
5:30 - 9:00 pm ESPNEWS

In many of the prime time network shows the actor line is either NA or some actors from the series first show ever. They are not the ones in the current show many of the times. Many times the actor has already left the show.

I've noticed this on MeTv when they run old episodes of Thriller. They always list Antoinette Bower, Jeanette Nolan, and Edward Andrews, which is too bad because a lot of great old actors were on shows like that.

A few nights ago on the same channel, a goofy 80s movie called Beach Balls was showing, but the picture in the guide was from a goofy 90s movie called Munchie.

Watching College Soccer on Pac 12 network. There is no info at all in the info pane. No indication of whether it is live or tape delayed, and under "First aired" it says:

None of these people was born until 1990.

AMC's marathon of Breaking Bad shows some episodes numbers being skipped, other ones being repeated during the marathon. I had to go through my daily schedule to unskip the "repeats" because they are actually different episodes. The guide is also labeling the finale on Sunday as episode 52, even though the shows preceding it are numbered in the 60's.
I get tired of babysitting this receiver. (Hopper in my case).

Also so far all episodes are recording for 1 hour and 15 minutes even though only the first 1 or 2 were that long. This ties up another tuner for 15 minutes for no reason.

Last edited:
Gee, that's rather all-inclusive. Can we reiterate all the OTA subchannel data missing from the guide?

Yes. No guide data in the Washington DC ara for Movies! (20-2) or This TV (50-3) even though they do tell me what is in THIS from the Baltimore affilaite.

To hop on the bandwagon, I am not getting guide data for OTA KFSN 30.1, 30.2, 30.3 in Fresno, CA. :rant: Please fix this.

al jazeera america.

ch 215

Program Guide says it is Current Channel.

If Dish is scared for people to know what they have on that channel its a shame.

Suggest you rename this thread to better indicate that you are looking for issues with the EPG. Many are probably not aware of the true nature of the post, some are posting separate threads on guide issues.

Footbal match error

On Monday (9/30/13), NBCSports advertised an 11:30 PDT match between Chelsea and Fulham. The actual match broadcast was Everton v Newcastle.

Saturday October 5 local CBS affiliate lists "Person of Interest" without episode number and generic description. This type of entry appears frequently and causes them to appear as new for those who have timers for those programs.

As follow up to issue that I previously reported on CHRCH channel 258, I found several other issues on the same days schedule for that channel. Compared the EPG to the schedule listed on their web site which had correct listing.

TV Show: Doc Martin
EPG incorrectly shows episode "Dry Your Tears" (Series 5; Episode 2) as episode #62 (While TiVo--also using Tribune data shows Ep # 502) . Correct Episode number is #32 (although as far as TiVo, one could say #502 refers to Series 5; Episode 2= 502). Other episodes are likely messed up.

TV Show: Miranda
Episode "Excuse" is incorrectly labeled as "Excusa" (an "A" at the end of the word "Excuse" instead of an "E", and incorrectly labeled as Episode #17 (TiVo--also using Tribune-- also has the "Excusa" error but shows as Episode #105). Episode "Excuse" is really Series 1; Episode 3. Correct Episode number for "Excuse" is #3. At this time, I can't see far enough in the guide to check the next episode. However, the pattern with Tribune is that if one episode number is messed up, so are many others.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)