Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

Bad form seeing as I struck out trice trying to get dish to price match the HBO Now price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here's a secret. Tell them you're paying full price for HBo and feel like the over pckage plus HbO costs to much. Then ask for a $10 credit for 3 or 6 months. There are no offers for HBO soecifically available, but there should be offers available for bill being to high. Worst case, ask for Loyalty.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You have any info on why there's apparently 2 WN Channels coming?
Actually, the name is a canard. One channel will really be The Incoming Asteroid Channel, and the other, The Incoming Comet Channel. Both will be sponsored by PIttsburgh Wide Laminator Repairs. "We also do old washers and dryers!"
;)
:oldwink

Actually, the name is a canard. One channel will really be The Incoming Asteroid Channel, and the other, The Incoming Comet Channel. Both will be sponsored by PIttsburgh Wide Laminator Repairs. "We also do old washers and dryers!"
;)
:oldwink
Honestly! LOL!

Reactions: navychop
i think The Weather Channel has been ruined by NBC Universal and Comcast taking over ownership, they have suffer from a bad case of "Network Decay" which has turn the channel into a joke. sure they still cover severe weather but at this point, i rather DIsh drop The Weather Channel and claim "Dish continually evaluates the content we can carry to provide the best value for our customer, as a result, due to lack of live weather coverage, this channel is no longer available and has been replaced with WeatherNation TV, also you can get your local weather from your local stations on channels 2-68" that way, Dish customers can get a weather network who can do live weather 24/7 and during the worst severe weather events, instead of going pre-taped from 7 to 4 AM CT and only preempts it when they feel that human life is really seriously in danger and over hype the storms.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Here's a secret. Tell them you're paying full price for HBo and feel like the over pckage plus HbO costs to much. Then ask for a $10 credit for 3 or 6 months. There are no offers for HBO soecifically available, but there should be offers available for bill being to high. Worst case, ask for Loyalty.
Second go around I tried to play the they will lost money by customers going for the cheaper option directly through HBO. He thanked me for the info but no credits. I don't want to outright ask for credits as that just feels low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After all the DISH FEES that they have come up and charged in the last 18 and a half years I 've had DISH , I don't have any problem asking for credits to offset my bill. The hopper/superjoey fees are too damn high now. If I can offset them , my programming price isn't that bad. So I will continue to ask for the credits every 6 months. After all I bought all my receivers and have 3 DISH accounts for my relatives and myself in my name. They want to keep my business they should offer discounts and often.

Reactions: dishrich
After all the DISH FEES that they have come up and charged in the last 18 and a half years I 've had DISH , I don't have any problem asking for credits to offset my bill. The hopper/superjoey fees are too damn high now. If I can offset them , my programming price isn't that bad. So I will continue to ask for the credits every 6 months. After all I bought all my receivers and have 3 DISH accounts for my relatives and myself in my name. They want to keep my business they should offer discounts and often.
You don't say... you think the fees are high? Personally I think the people with the least amount of equipment should pay the highest fees.

You don't say... you think the fees are high? Personally I think the people with the least amount of equipment should pay the highest fees.
Actually the more receivers you have , you should get some kind of discount. Years ago they charged a dvr fee PER dvr receiver ,but if you had the AEP , you paid only one dvr fee and the rest were comped. This was when it paid to have more programming. But now since 2010, it seems that DISH is making all their money off the various FEES per various classes of receivers that they have. Does anyone else think that $17.00 for an extra 722k on your account sound ridiculous?

That's one reason why I've dropped receivers in addition to programming and 1 of my accounts. The nickel and dime fees are as bad or worse than the constant programming increases for meaningless channels. The fees are not just a Dish problem either, all the providers rape the consumers on fees.

So the people with the least amount of money should pay the highest fees? Oh wait we are in America where that makes sense..
That was sarcasm. Some people around here seem to think that having extra equipment shouldn't cost them money.
Actually the more receivers you have , you should get some kind of discount. Years ago they charged a dvr fee PER dvr receiver ,but if you had the AEP , you paid only one dvr fee and the rest were comped. This was when it paid to have more programming. But now since 2010, it seems that DISH is making all their money off the various FEES per various classes of receivers that they have. Does anyone else think that $17.00 for an extra 722k on your account sound ridiculous?
Have you seen the fees for a single HD/DVR tuner at Uverse or Directv? And I'm talking the first one not a second box.

Reactions: navychop
I saw that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel from Fios and now Dish isn't as likely to renew the contract. Gee one less reality channel, what are we to do?

The Weather Channel is a joke. I never really watched it, but it was fun tuning in to it back in November when we got pounded with snow. The town next to me received 88" of snow in a three day period, which is either a record or close to being a record for the most snow in such a short period of time in a populated area. I had roughly 75" total over the three day span in my driveway. Watching the Weather Channel's reporting of events in my own backyard was humorous to say the least. Can't say I give a damn about the weather. I live outside of Buffalo, NY, we get snow in the winter. I don't care to listen to all of these chicken littles repeating the same junk over and over and fear mongering about stocking up on bottled water and bread. It was also fun though having national exposure, showing the nation how completely inept our local government is, how is area is not prepared for winter weather and what a joke the governor is and how he knows absolutely nothing about Upstate NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)