Dish WILL carry Wrestlemania 30 (Updated)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I forget the last WM I paid to watch. At the price tag, it was probably once since XXI.
Guys it's no secret wrestling is fake. He'll before each show in the WWE Network is shown you see the filling disclaimer. View attachment 96323

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Wrestling isn't fake, it is staged (a notable distinction). In general, it looks worse than it is, but some wrestlers really go the extra mile and take serious risks. One of the things I find attractive is how well it can be staged and made to look real. Wrestlers don't have the advantage of shaky cam footage or retakes. They have to make it look good, live (one reason why most women should stop doing clotheslines as it looks quite fake). Also I appreciate solid, "safe" wrestling where suplexes and what not are performed symmetrically and offer the least chance of injury to both wrestlers.

It's still real to me! :) (For those that have seen a you tube clip you will get the humor) and I am a fan, though not as much as years past

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

it you can't get the network, it's just best you wait until WM 30 is on DVD/Blu-Ray to see it, granted it will be edited and you will miss out on the live experience of watching WWE on TV (which includes botches, and unfriendly chants at the babyfaces or cheering the heels that WWE would censor to favor the kayfabe attitudes of said wrestler that are faces or heels better). Dish pretty much gave the WWE the "Dispute" treatment. if the WWE network stream craps out on WrestleMania 30, then chances are, WWE would have to go ahead and try to please the remaining providers still carrying their PPVs and make Dish happy and try to make a deal to get WWE Network on all cable/Satellite providers. i think what WWE is doing with their network is basically giving the fans the true price of the WWE PPVs by offering them thought the internet while the Cable/Satellite industry itself is crying foul that they are losing their money that they make from the WWE's PPVs. you see, they get a cut of the profit, WWE on the other hand with the Network is taking a risk to earn more money for the PPVs without losing that profit from the providers.

it sucks those with limit internet choices or internet providers with a small data cap who have Dish may be left with no choice but to read results online or watch the PPVs though other means (go to someone's house who have a different cable/satellite provider or has good internet with WWE Network) or wait it out for the DVD/Blu-Ray copy of the event.

If I were DISH I would carry the show since a lot of people with dish live in the sticks and cant get good broadband.

Money is money and airing WrestleMania is free money for DISH.

If I were DISH I would carry the show since a lot of people with dish live in the sticks and cant get good broadband.

Money is money and airing WrestleMania is free money for DISH.

true, Dish has had a history of ticking it's customers off with disputes and this is a fist of it's kind dispute, i.e. a PPV carriage dispute.

and if WWE Network suffers an major crash on WrestleMania night. then Dish will play ball, i guess that's Dish's plan, sacrifice money in the short term to make a long term deal.

here's options for us Dish customers to see WrestleMania:
Option 1: go to a friends house (with another provider or has a good internet connection and a WWE Network accout) or a "Blast area" (if one's available in your area) to see the PPV as this would be a better choice to see if you live in the rural areas with limited or no Internet choice or can get high speed Internet but have to deal with a low 10 to 100 GB data cap (DishNet and my current internet company, i'm looking at you).

Option 2: if you got good Internet and no worries about data caps, then get the WWE Network and watch it there, WWE Network is on many platforms and you can get the PPV cheaper as you have to pay only $9.99 a month. also you could watch the PPV for free via illegal streams, but i wouldn't recommend it as those streams will ether get taken down or give you viruses and malware or quit mid way though due to high traffic.

Option 3: this one is the worst case and that would be the whole wait it out and buy it when it released in home video format I.E. Blu-Ray and DVD. you will miss out on all the stuff that gets cut out of the DVD/Blu-Ray that would only be seen on the live broadcast.

final option: you have no choice but to miss it and read the results online and see highlights on Raw, SmackDown and Main Event (if Ion don't cancel it after their contract with WWE to carry the show expires).

Then compare it to season finales of the most popular scripted programming. WWE is not a sport and shouldn't be compared to sporting events.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Does it make a flying flip if it's a sport or not??It's an event!So is the SB,so is the Daytona 500.It makes no difference if it's sport or not.The issue is that Dish has dropped WWE ppv,whether you or I like it,is also irrelevant,for folks that do like it now they can't get it.That's the issue.

You choose to live in an area that there is no internet or little internet service.. Deal with it or move to a bigger city that can provide fiber or cable services. No one forces you to live there. If you want better service, then move to an area that provides it!

Are you for real?You have some serious issues if your serious.

I live in a rural area and I can get WWE Network(DSL, best down is 3.1mbps). Runs fine as does Netflix,Hulu +,and all the other Roku 116 channels subscribe to.

Great,glad you can,there are many right here in my county that only have access to dial-up.Pretty sure that won't work for them.

SHHH! You are providing a big smackdown, pile driver, tombstone stunner, figure four leg lock... to the main basis of his argument!!! ;)

See above.So there is a spine buster,rock bottom,Angle lock,to your reply.:p

As a performance event, if Dish can work out a contract, fine. It's no difference than a PPV concert. Just don't call it a true sporting event.

As a performance event, if Dish can work out a contract, fine. It's no difference than a PPV concert. Just don't call it a true sporting event.

I don't care about it being or not being called a sporting event, it's entertainment which is what all sports is anyway. However it isn't like any other PPV, if it were DISH would be carrying it and we wouldn't have this thread. Most if not all other PPV's would not be readily available to most of the population for 1/5 the cost somewhere else.

I think its funny, I hope they don't carry it and tons of people leave and go to Direct. Serves em right for being as stupid as they have been lately. I'll download it like I always have if I wanted to watch it but I stopped watching WWE a few years ago, got kinda stupid and old at the same time.

You choose to live in an area that there is no internet or little internet service.. Deal with it or move to a bigger city that can provide fiber or cable services. No one forces you to live there. If you want better service, then move to an area that provides it!

really? so because i live a mile out of town and cant get cable and my dsl is only 1.5mb download (with a cap) I guess thats my fault? by the way the cable here is upgraded to all digital (its a locally owned one that most of the cities they cover doesnt even have hd or very minimal)
i guess you must live in a big city that has technological advances each week. Here we are limited on what we can get.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts