Dishnetwork Legacy Switch SW54

pmart

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Puerto Rico
Need to know if there is a Legacy Multiswitch that can handle 5 inputs
(1 CableTV, 4 Sat inputs) and four outputs to receivers. Otherwise if I need to use two multiswitches what would be the connection diagram.
System Data:
1- Sat Dish 48" dia for 110 with Dual Legacy LNB
1- Sat Dish 48" dia for 119 with Single LNB (used for HD channels)
1- SW34 Multiswitch
1- SW21 Multiswitch
xx- Diplexers
1- HD Receiver 811
3- Receivers 311

Attachment included: page 1 = Actual installation with known issues
page 2/3= some ideas for solutions
Pedro

Attachments

• DISH NETWORK CONNECTION DIAGRAM AND ISSUES.doc
    48 KB · Views: 254
Yeah - I think I saw one once, but can't remember where.

Of course, you can use a standard SW44, diplexers, splitters, and a LOT of F-connectors.

BTW - there ain't no such animal as a SW34 - do you mean DP34 (DishPro - not compatible with Legacy) or a SW64 (3-bird, which means 6 inputs)?

Ok, there are a number of problems with your proposed setups.

1 - You CANNOT use a D* styke 4 way multiswitch without using both lines from a dual LNB to get both sets of transponders. The 3x4 line locks the LNB at 13V and at 18V which gives you evens or odds.
2 - There are NO E* manufactered switchs that have an internal diplexor. Microyal makes a DP34 that has an OTA diplexor. Not sure about the DP+44 tho.

Older receivers that had the auxillary port for either a remote extender or a 22khz tone generator CAN be used with a D* style 5x4 multiswitch. However, the 811 and 311s do NOT have this ability. The 1000 had it. Unsure about others, but any receiver with an accessory port can be used this way. I have the needed 22khz generators if you want them or would like to see what they look like I will post a pict. Your best bet, since you are using all DP receivers would be to use 2 DP Dual LNBs and a DP34 switch from Microyal that has the OTA diplexor. Or, you would need 8 diplexors to run cable/ota to each receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)