DishNow Questions

Domani

Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Texas
I just discovered a couple of days ago that there was such a thing as Pre-Paid programing from Dish Network. I think this may be an answer to my tv viewing while traveling in my RV. After doing a little reading on this forum, and since I will be leaving for an extended stay next week, I don't have time to order a receiver from one of the vendors on this site and receive it before I leave. So I visited a local Radio Shack and they said they had the receiver in stock. I asked if it was the (DP)? 301 and he said no, it was a (DP)? 311 which was what was recommended. From my reading yesterday, I thought the 301 was the one needed. Any info appreciated.

Also, I read that I could use a dish from Directv. I have an old one with a singleLNB (I think). Is it ok to use this dish? If so, do I need an different LNB and if so, where would I get one? Would it be better to get a dish 500 or similar and forget about the one I have? Time seems to be the thing going against me right now. The receiver and dish from Sadoun is listed at $99 but locally they are $199. Thanks again for any info that will help me get up and going in the next week or so. :)

Hi Domani

The dish you have should work fine for receiving signal from one satellite (110 or 119). The dish 500 will allow you to receive the signal from two satellites (110 and 119), thus more channels.

As far as I know, the 301 is the only receiver offered now by DN for pre-paid. I will check with them if they started offering the 311 lately (last few weeks).

If you order from us, we could ship your system to your RV camp wherever it is.

Best regards and have fun RVing.

Thanks for the offer. I might consider changing our plans a little. We usually don't stay at commerical campgrounds. Most of our camping is primitive on BLM land. Do you ship to General Delivery at post offices?

Am I understanding you that the old Directv dish LNB will work but just on one satellite? If not, is it possible to just purchase one and mount it on the Directv dish? Is this something you sell? Thanks again for you time and input. D

Thanks for the offer. I might consider changing our plans a little. We usually don't stay at commerical campgrounds. Most of our camping is primitive on BLM land. Do you ship to General Delivery at post offices?

Am I understanding you that the old Directv dish LNB will work but just on one satellite? If not, is it possible to just purchase one and mount it on the Directv dish? Is this something you sell? Thanks again for you time and input. I have a hand me down dish mounted on a stand that my son had but when his directv receiver died, he just gave up on it and they do not camp now.

turning off DISH but keeping VIP722

nps locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)