Questions about Canceling

Are you actually saying that Dish paid you, so you could go to a customer‘s home, collect their Dish Equipment and cancel their account, with no charge to the customer.

No. I've had customers move into apartments that we end up not able to install, or they move in with family that already have dish, or they were already wanting to cancel. I will complete my work order then help them call and cancel the account. Because what happens if you don't get it canceled is they wait weeks to call in and when they do dish tries not to cancel and sets up a tech appointment to go check it out which gets set as a trouble call that goes against our numbers as well as we don't get paid for just to be in the same no install situation.

Alright, I made the call to cancel today.

The CSR was a nice guy. Samuel is his name I believe.

He tried his best to keep me with DISH. Offered me just all premiums for free (I don't know for how long because I was only interested in cancelling out right and I didn't want to sound like I was interested in that). Offered me $30 off my next bill. I just kept on saying, "Thanks for the offer but no thank you".

He asked me about my locals. I just said I get my local news off the Internet.

And you were right Bobby, he didn't ask for the 722K back. He just said I'm not allowed to resell it. If I wanted to get rid of it, he directed me to this website:
https://my.dish.com/recycle (eta: this website was working earlier)

And he did not ask to get the LNB back so I made sure not to mention it to him.

I made one mistake. I didn't ask exactly what my final bill would be. I asked to be disconnected today. So he said the final bill would contain prorated credits and my autopay date is December 13th. So I'm guessing $54.14 minus the prorated credits, just going off this last bill:

unnamed.jpg

Oh another question. I got the final bill today. It says -$15.55

So will DISH credit back that to me on my credit card or write me a check or do they keep that?

If they usually keep that, it's fine.

I'm not going to hassle them over $15 but I was just curious.
View attachment 166982
They will send a check to the billing address.

Please don’t be hurt! I believed it, most of us believed it. But, you work for Disney not DISH. That left a door ajar for misbelief. When an actual DISH rep tells us what is what it leaves no doubt or room for doubt, except in the pit. :)
To be fair, I have seen the system still charge the fee even with the Dish Protect.

Honestly, just call up and be super nice, and the rep will probably just waive it.

You catch more flies with honey, and all that. (But who really wants honey covered flues?)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Oh another question. I got the final bill today. It says -$15.55

So will DISH credit back that to me on my credit card or write me a check or do they keep that?

If they usually keep that, it's fine.

I'm not going to hassle them over $15 but I was just curious.
View attachment 166982
I'd call and officially request the refund. Just to be safe.

I got my final bill. Their math and fees are totally baffling. But final kick-me-in-the-arse fee to leave was $9.78 I guess. So I am not complaining. They gave me prorated credits that are higher than my monthly bill. Then hit me with some fees. Keep in mind I cancelled last day of Oct billing period I think. Or maybe 2nd or third to last.

IMG_0500.png

Why would there even be a Programing Change Charge for canceling ?

Is it there just to punish the subscribers for leaving?

If so, would almost guarantee the sub would never come back.

Why would there even be a Programing Change Charge for canceling ?

Is it there just to punish the subscribers for leaving?

If so, would almost guarantee the sub would never come back.
Perhaps he ordered a service recently and wasn't out of its penalty period for disconnect. Like he ordered local channels and within a month disconnected that service along with the rest of his subscription it DISH.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 8.16.16 AM.png

Perhaps he ordered a service recently and wasn't out of its penalty period for disconnect. Like he ordered local channels and within a month disconnected that service along with the rest of his subscription it DISH.
Only the poster can answer that, but the bill does not reflect any changes except for the cancellation.

But any service that I am giving money to for a monthly service, would then charge me a extra **** you fee for changing something, I would drop in a second.

I must be getting spoiled with the ease of streaming services, if I have to change something.

For example Amazon Prime had a $1.99 Special on MGM+ for a month, signed up, tried it out, decided not worth the full price, went on my account, cancelled, no extra charge.

Only the poster can answer that, but the bill does not reflect any changes except for the cancellation.

But any service that I am giving money to for a monthly service, would then charge me a extra **** you fee for changing something, I would drop in a second.

I must be getting spoiled with the ease of streaming services, if I have to change something.

For example Amazon Prime had a $1.99 Special on MGM+ for a month, signed up, tried it out, decided not worth the full price, went on my account, cancelled, no extra charge.
Flex Pack can be changed on a daily basis without penalty. But, let's say you wanted to watch a football game that was available on a channel that was only available on the Multi-Sport pack with a sub to America's Top 250. If you order the Multi-Sport package with the idea that you will keep it for a day and then cancel it you will incur that $5.00 penalty. You must keep it for 30 days.

Flex Pack can be changed on a daily basis without penalty. But, let's say you wanted to watch a football game that was available on a channel that was only available on the Multi-Sport pack with a sub to America's Top 250. If you order the Multi-Sport package with the idea that you will keep it for a day and then cancel it you will incur that $5.00 penalty. You must keep it for 30 days.
And then his final bill should of shown that, the one with that charge on it, if he did that during the previous bill cycle, the charge would of been there.

The final bill was for 11/1-12/4, so if he cancelled Multi-Sports, for example, the previous bill cycle, the charge would have been on that bill.