DISH's New Year Eve local program in San Francisco area

wavelet

Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
San Jose
I'm living in San Francisco area and I just switched from Comcast to DISH. During the New Year Eve, Comcast's local channels usually broadcast the celebration party in San Francisco. Last night, all of DISH's local channels kept airing Time Square party even it already happened 3 hours ago, but without showing the fireworks in San Francisco.

Is this normally the case for New Year Eve program? :confused:

The locals are the same locals, lol, I don't know why they'd do that.

Out here in Las Vegas some channels show NY and Vegas, a few just show Las Vegas!

They are probably referring to one of the subchannels that Comcast carried, like KRON 4.2 etc. They probably had the SF frieworks. Dish doesn't transmit the sub channels.

No, he is referring to the fact that last Year, KRON had a local New Year Eves broadcast, hosted by Gary ___ at some S.F. ballroom.

It must have been a net money loser, because they did not do it this year.

( Obviously, it would have the same on any provider, whether Comcast, Direct or Dish )

Otherwise, there is never any live broadcast of any channel, even National News channels at midnight Pacific Time.

None of the National News channels showed a live feed, the all showed 3 hour tape delay from Times Square. They always show taped programming during the late evening on the West Coast... cue Rodney Dangerfield...

Couple that with the fact that there was so much fog last night in SF that fireworks were really, really hard to see. :)

What ups with Dick Clark voice on ABC last night? Did he suffer a stroke or sick?

No, KRON 4 did not air any New Year celebation shows last night. Gary ____ and the guy with a mustache always had a celebration show on from 11-12:30AM. Not on KRON 4 last night. Don't think the sub station if any has one.

Yes he had a stroke a few years ago and hasnt been on I think the last 2 years until this year. He sure does'nt look youthful like he used to at age 70. It was good to see him on again though. :)

Didn't he make an appearance last year with Ryan?