Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I have had NY& LA SD dns for years,but they would only let me have east in Hd. I was switching channels just now and I'm getting LA in HD also. Is this a screw up or a new D* policy?

Darrell S said:
I have had NY& LA SD dns for years,but they would only let me have east in Hd. I was switching channels just now and I'm getting LA in HD also. Is this a screw up or a new D* policy?

A screw up, you should only have one or the other in HD. I would be quiet and enjoy and hopefully they wont notice the mistake.

It could be a screw up related to them launching my locals this month. I will probably be forced to lose all the distants when they do that, even though they have the distants listed as grandfathered on my bill. I'm definitely not ordering my locals,they will have to force them on me.
Update: I just looked at my recent activity online and it shows disconnect of DNS service with a credit amount listed. It then lists individual charges of .35 for the big 4, .25 for CW. My bill closes out in a couple of days. All channels are still appearing on my receivers including the LA HD. Since they are doing this,it probably means my locals are coming Wed.

Last edited:

Can you still get those channels?thank you for any replies:)

Can you still get those channels?thank you for any replies:)

Unfortunately, federal law prohibits satellite cosumers from delivering distant network feeds of the big four networks from east/west coast unless you're an 'unserved' subscriber or you can't get locals on satellite. I know that STELA law is discriminating to 'served' households from getting distant network feeds, since congress and senate turned our backs on us.

Unfortunately, federal law prohibits satellite cosumers from delivering distant network feeds of the big four networks from east/west coast unless you're an 'unserved' subscriber or you can't get locals on satellite. I know that STELA law is discriminating to 'served' households from getting distant network feeds, since congress and senate turned our backs on us.

thank you for your help i have both dish network and have distants with them the superstations and just had direct tv installed last monday and was wondering if they had the same on direct tv.thanks for your help:)

The superstations are not available on Directv, but it is possible to order the distants if you are eligible. Go here and fill out the form, and it will tell you what channels you are eligible to get from Directv. You can even buy the channels, and start the waiver process from that page.

There is a paragraph at the bottom of new bill that says: Attention HD Access customers who have network services. We are changing your service to include an HD feed as long as you have HD access. You will see minor changes to how these networks are printed on your bill, but no other changes in your programming. All changes should be completed by Dec.1.
On my bill, they have each network listed as 3.50, which adds up to the same as when it was listed as one charge.

This is interesting. I have the LA DNS, but only in SD - the HD channels come up "Channel not purchased."

I too pay $3.50 per channel per month, but I do have the HD Access.

I will have to keep an eye on the HD channels, but please keep us posted if you learn anything more about this or if your HD channels disappear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.