• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • no

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • I once thought they did bit changed my mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understood your intent, but I think others are just reading the question "Do Forums Matter?" and voting on that question. They are not reading your post and voting on "Did Forums Influence the Outcome of the Format War?"

And in Ice's case, he just twists it to fit whatever he thinks anyway. Go Blu! :rolleyes:

You sound like an un-happy HD-DVD camper.

It influenced other people to buy movies, take advantage of sales and bogo's.
Don't give me that B/S forums/infos that were posted not only here but other forums too like avs had no effect on the war.
This is are few places...including this place..
And here is what I am talking about:

Attachments

• ex1.JPG
    ex1.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 183
  • ex2.JPG
    ex2.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 163
  • ex3.JPG
    ex3.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 148
Man, I'll be glad when this is all over and you'll just shut up.

Starting to hate me because I bring up some points and you don't like it?
:D

Hate me all you want, but I am backing up my decision I made on this thread.

Ya I think I know a spoiled 19 yo who needs some RL experiences to go with his overestimed sense of self-importance. But he'll just keep whining away like the Catch U Next Tuesday he is.

Looks like someone had a bad week.

You don't make points. You don't know how to form or win an arguement.

Oh, I thought I just did.

I voted yes and the reason was all this forums aka Satelliteguys,Blu-ray.com,avsforums.com,highdefdigest all gave many people a reason why to switch and join the format they chose, and this forums were a great place to take advantage of deals like amazon and few other places.
I am sure Amazon played a big role in this war, and many people learned about amazon on the forums.

You don't bring much to the table regarding the topic on this thread, because you are speaking about me, if you can't keep the discussion on topic then you should stop posting, because you are not benefiting this thread.

Oh, I thought I just did.

I voted yes and the reason was all this forums aka Satelliteguys,Blu-ray.com,avsforums.com,highdefdigest all gave many people a reason why to switch and join the format they chose, and this forums were a great place to take advantage of deals like amazon and few other places.
I am sure Amazon played a big role in this war, and many people learned about amazon on the forums.

Yout still haven't made a point. You have not shown that any of these websites had anything to do with the collapse of HD-DVD. You just keep saying it over and over as if it makes it true. Oh and 3 screenies with circles doesn't really prove anything. Dude I know yr 19 and you have yr life ahead of you so heres some advice. Don't become a lawyer.

edit: Oh I'm sure most people first learned about Amazon.com from coming to Satguys...hahahaha. Yr not to clever.

Mmmm silence. I'm going to let you off the hook and tell you that yr argumement can't be won. The events that moved the market were when the studios announced who they were picking. You would need to show that these forums somehow influenced the studios in their decision. Niether of us know if that happened. I find it highly unlikely that any forum post had anything to do with any studio switching formats. You just need to take one look at the money HD-DVD threw at Paramount (or whoever that was that made Transformers) to know that this battle was far more high stakes than arguments over different BD versions or how many GBs you can stuff on a disc.

Before I buy anything major now I research extensively on the internet. I read through forum posts, and they do make a big impact on my buying decisions. If I see complaint after complaint on a product, I will probably not buy it.

The online forums probably helped HD-DVD stay around longer than it would have otherwise. There were a lot of rabbid fans pointing how complete yet cheap the players were. Aside from slow loading and a clunky remote, I cannot think of other complaints of the Toshiba line. More people probably bought HD-DVD players, extending the time it took for the format to die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts