Do you Have an EHD?

You can set the Sort/Group settings in your "My Recordings (internal storage)" menu and it will apply those settings to the "My Media (EHD)" menu. Also if you set your Group setting to either "Group by Title" or "My Groups" you will get a nice little "My Media" shortcut to your EHD in your DVR menu. Also has the side benefit of grouping your shows together :) .
Hmm... wish I had played with that earlier... though it doesn't apply groups to the EHD.

I still don't have an answer to my problem. I have used two, 500gb EHD with both my 722k and my 612. For two years they worked well but now the 612 shows no usb media device attached. It works with other EHDs but not these, which are WD My Book. They still work on my 722k. The 612 does recognize other drives such as Simpletech. Dish sent me out a new 612 and it recognized the Simpletech EHD right away but once again, not either of the two WD EHDs. Does anyone have any idea why they won't work any longer with the 612s?

Hmm... wish I had played with that earlier... though it doesn't apply groups to the EHD.

It applies groups to my EHD. You sure about that? Not sure if it works with custom groups though, but it works great for grouping by title...

I just tested my 612 using a My Book formatted and loaded from my 722. It has a WD15EARS inside. My 612 recognized it right away and allowed me to play programs, so no problem here.

Is it true that the bigger the drive, such as 2TB take forever to load? I only have used 500GB drives and they are slow enough, especially when archiving HD movies. I really don't see why larger capacity EHDs are even slower but that is what I've heard? Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks for that info THeKrell, it must be my two drives have a glitch that will not allow the 612 to recognize them even though they work fine with my 722k.

Is it true that the bigger the drive, such as 2TB take forever to load? I only have used 500GB drives and they are slow enough, especially when archiving HD movies. I really don't see why larger capacity EHDs are even slower but that is what I've heard? Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks for that info THeKrell, it must be my two drives have a glitch that will not allow the 612 to recognize them even though they work fine with my 722k.
My 1.5 T takes no longer than my 500's.

As far as transfer speed it shouldn't be affected by drive size. Almost every single HDD internally has more bandwidth than USB 2.0 can supply. Thus, the bottleneck will almost always be in the USB 2.0 connection. Transfer speed will be the same regardless of the HDD. The only thing I can see being slower on a larger drive is possibly the menu to browse the EHD will be a little slower (at first) while loading a really full large drive. Otherwise, after the list is loaded, everything should be exactly the same.

It applies groups to my EHD. You sure about that? Not sure if it works with custom groups though, but it works great for grouping by title...
My problem may be that I almost exclusively put movies on the EHD. I don't save programs, so that may explain why I don't have "groups". Although, now that I think of it, I do have Blue Planet on the EHD. I need to check if that got put into a group.

HD receiver question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts