Do you have to demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
The RF remotes when ordering new service from D?

The idea is to have the option to mirror the programming from the Living room to my patio outside.

The RF remotes when ordering new service from D?

The idea is to have the option to mirror the programming from the Living room to my patio outside.

Just an fyi, when I upgraded to HD I didn't receive the RF Remote. I didn't think to ask about that at the time so I picked up one on eBay for a low price.

Just an fyi, when I upgraded to HD I didn't receive the RF Remote.

But did you upgrade to HD DVR??? ;) ;)
HD receivers do NOT come w/RF remotes; HD DVR's do, or at least are supposed to.
If you did an HD DVR upgrade, sounds like the tech pilfered your remote for an IR one - I've seen it happen before... :(

I upgraded to 2 HD DVRs and never received RF remotes.

Are you sure? I highly doubt that D* has different configurations, with and without RF remotes. That would cost them more than providing a standard configuration. I can, however, easily believe that you have never configured the remotes through the system setup to be used in the RF mode.

What model remotes do you have?

Are you sure? I highly doubt that D* has different configurations, with and without RF remotes. That would cost them more than providing a standard configuration. I can, however, easily believe that you have never configured the remotes through the system setup to be used in the RF mode.

What model remotes do you have?

They came with RC64 ones. I had to purchase the RF ones because I wanted to use that feature.

They came with RC64 ones. I had to purchase the RF ones because I wanted to use that feature.

Just looked and the ones that came with my HR20s were RC64s as well. All it took to use them as RF units was configure them on the setup menu, and worked like a champ. That is the only thing I can see that D* has over Uverse, I don't have RF controllers (yet) with Uverse and I really miss using RF controls (the dog or cats seem to sleep in just the right place.)

But did you upgrade to HD DVR??? ;) ;)
HD receivers do NOT come w/RF remotes; HD DVR's do, or at least are supposed to.
If you did an HD DVR upgrade, sounds like the tech pilfered your remote for an IR one - I've seen it happen before... :(

I did upgrade to the DVR with the HR22. The Remote provided with the upgrade was the RC64 (no FCC sticker on back) which is IR only. There is another model - RC64RBK which is dual IR/RF . I bought an RC65R (RF) on eBay, works great.

I neglected to ask at the time of the install so I went to eBay and found one at a good price.

Just looked and the ones that came with my HR20s were RC64s as well. All it took to use them as RF units was configure them on the setup menu, and worked like a champ. That is the only thing I can see that D* has over Uverse, I don't have RF controllers (yet) with Uverse and I really miss using RF controls (the dog or cats seem to sleep in just the right place.)

My HR20's came with RC24's and they were RF capable, just need to set them up that way.

Like dishrich said, check the back of the remote, it it's got an FCC sticker on it, it's RF capable.

No FCC ID on the back either....they are only IR ones that came with my HR22's.

Then those are NOT RF capable, have you tried calling D* and see if they will send some out to you.
If you have PP they may upgrade them for you cheap.

You can also from time to time at BB type places as well as online stores, IF you decide you want to buy one, but I would check with D* first.

http://search.solidsignal.com/?q=Directv+remotes&search.x=0&search.y=0&site=new&new_search=1&cart=2

cheapest way is to buy an nfl remote.

PP wont make rf remotes any cheaper you have to remember it is a form of insurance and will only replace like items with out like items.

Thanks, I knew that they were available, however, I had not gotten around to going to ATT store and picking them up yet.

As I said, the DVR and one of the HD receivers are at a height and location that the dog or cats seems to like to block all the time, so RF is something I really want / need. The fact that they don't need an antenna like my old Dish setup did is even nicer. (D* never seemed to need an antenna either, at least I went for a few years without one. :D )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)