'Doctor Who' 50th Anniversary to be Simulcast Internationally

I just watched 20-minutes of this show and I feel dumber, fatter, lazier and creepier after the experience. I think that I may have watched the worst series ever to hit the airwaves. I'm sure this is show is popular among those who watch In Search of Bigfoot, Alien Files and Star Trek (i.e., the Great Unwashed)...but please, keep this in the UK where it belongs. Sorry Dr. Poo fans...El Stinko!!!

I just watched 20-minutes of this show and I feel dumber, fatter, lazier and creepier after the experience. I think that I may have watched the worst series ever to hit the airwaves. I'm sure this is show is popular among those who watch In Search of Bigfoot, Alien Files and Star Trek (i.e., the Great Unwashed)...but please, keep this in the UK where it belongs. Sorry Dr. Poo fans...El Stinko!!!

Riff, I'll admit it took a couple of episodes to get into. But it ends up being well worth the initial investment. I will say that the show really does take off with the introduction of David Tennant as the Dr.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Must have been watching the Colin Baker years :D

The show does have it's many ups and downs. The differences in the main character also affects your judgement. I couldn't stand the David Tennant years (too much whining and love sickness for my tastes), yet others enjoyed those.

I had watched a few Chris Eccleston episodes in 2005 and lost interest. Saw a preview of the Impossible Astronaut
w/ Matt Smith (2010) and was hooked. Haven't missed an episode since, including Tennant's and the rest of Eccleston's.

'Doctor Who' lost episodes released on iTunes by BBC

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-lost-episodes-released-on-itunes-by-bbc.html

Episodes that have not been seen in 46 years since BBC wiped the original tapes were recently found in a TV relay station store room gathering dust in Nigeria. The newly found and remastered Patrick Troughton episodes as the 2nd Doctor will be released to Itunes at midnight.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/11/docto...k-troughton-stories-found-in-nigeria-4142162/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-nine-lost-episodes-2358386

Awsome, Web of Fear is the first episode with "Colonel" Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart.

McCoy's Battlefield episode does a reenactment of their first meeting, be great to see the original.

Web of Fear also has the Great Intelligence as the main villian, which ties in nicely with this past season.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will also be shown in 3D in select theaters in the US on Nov. 25th. Found this while checking out RiffTrax.
2 days after? Plus on a Monday... ugh...

ahh, who am I kidding, it's playing in McDonough, so I'll probably go.

Last edited:
According to AV Club and some other sites, it will simulcast on Nov. 23rd. 2pm ET at the Cinemark Tinseltown 17 in Atlanta. Are you close to there Derwin0?

Source: "Dr who 50th simulcast" on Google.

According to AV Club and some other sites, it will simulcast on Nov. 23rd. 2pm ET at the Cinemark Tinseltown 17 in Atlanta. Are you close to there Derwin0?

Source: "Dr who 50th simulcast" on Google.
I'm about 40 mins south of Atlanta, halfway to Macon.

I checked, the Cinemark Tinseltown 17 is actually in Fayeteville, which is also south of Atlanta, north-west of me. About a 40 min drive.
woohoo!, tickets available at 2:51 for only $9.50!!!

Saw Thor 2 this weekend in McDonough, during the previews they showed a preview for the 50th.

Which was cool, as Christopher Eccelston was the bad guy in Thor.

The preview on the other hand was pretty short and not very memorable.

The Night of the Doctor 6 minute Mini Episode Prequel to Day of the Doctor just released today by BBC. Nice surprise in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Night of the Doctor 6 minute Mini Episode Prequel to Day of the Doctor just released today by BBC. Nice surprise in this one.
Sweet, finally got the scene we've been waiting for the last 7 years. It also cements the new order of regenerations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)