Does D* has any credibility left?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would have thought signal strength also, but most of mine range from 90-100 on all satellites. Also a reset usually corrects the problem, but thats several minutes of missed viewing, interupted recordings, etc.

I didn't mean to use this thread as my personal rant, but no one should be led to believe the HR's are problem free.

Have you tried having D* come out and look at the dish anyway? It could be something as simple as a loose nut or something that causes the signal to go away from time to time... those new channels are pretty touchy if everything is not set up perfectly.

Just a thought.

HR20-100: missed or blank recordings, loss of all Mpeg 4 HD channels at least once or twice weekly, slow remote and guide performance.

HR-21-100: continous "cannot read access card" errors, starting and ending recordings early, and painfully slow remote and guide performance.

None of mine have that.

Surprised the 20 series is giving you any trouble as mine have been perfect since the last national software release.

The 21's are still a little sluggish; looking forward to trying the latest CE release to see if it helps. Besides the GI sluggishness of the 21's, mine seem to crash 3-4 times a month. I also need to check my neighbors new 22 to see how those are doing.

Again, So the Directv's Dvr are bad because you can't record three shows at once. I don't think that is a valid excuse. People have become so spoiled with dvr's it's unreal. So what did you do 15 years ago when you couldn't record 2 things at once?

If you want to record more than two purchase a second dvr.

SPOILED PEOPLE

What we had 15 years ago is not the point, it is what can I get today, I can get more features from one than the other.

Didn't mean it was technically bad, but if it does not offer features the competition does that I want then why woudl I give up what I have. Sure E* customer service sucks, but I just do my month to month, don't ask them for anything right now and wait out and see who deploys more HD and see if D* might offer a comparable or spuerior DVR in the future. There are 2 key features I need, OTA DVR thus the ability to record 3 thinsg at once AND the abilty to drive one output RF throughout the house. Now the real killer woudl be for one of them to offer both and have that seond RF out be a DTA HD signal so I could watch HDTV anywhere in the house!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts