Does Dish Still Have the 4 TV Limit?

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
I am looking at all options right now since my Directv agreement is expiring soon. I am hearing some good things about Dish's customer service improving and EA. The problem is that I need to have service on 5 tv's. When I talked to them before, they told me that to get 5 TV's installed would be a little more money. Is that limitation still in place. What are my options?

Okay. I am in Charleston SC. I would like to get a HD DVR (shared with my master bedroom TV)and 3 reg receivers. What models would I probably get and what would the cost of the standard receivers be if I had to pay for one to be installed? I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row so me and my wife can make a educated decision. Am I eligible for EA?

Also there's a limitation of 4 receivers WITHOUT getting harassed by DISH's Audit Team periodically.

Smooth28la,

Yes, but only if your receivers are NOT connected to a phoneline and or Broadband. I've had 5 receivers for several years and all are connected to my phoneline, and no Audit calls.

John

I am looking at all options right now since my Directv agreement is expiring soon. I am hearing some good things about Dish's customer service improving and EA. The problem is that I need to have service on 5 tv's. When I talked to them before, they told me that to get 5 TV's installed would be a little more money. Is that limitation still in place. What are my options?

Do you need independent programming on all of the TVs? If not its possible to go with two dual tuner receivers and split the output from TV2 on one of them to two rooms instead of just having it go to one room. So there are two potential setups:

Setup 1:

1 722k receiver to HDTV and TV2 to another room of your choice
1 222k receiver to two TVs of your choice
1 211k receiver to one TV of your choice

The second setup would essentially be the same thing except you'd remove the 211k and run the TV2 output from the 222k or 722k into a splitter and buy an extra remote control. You probably want to work with Claude over at thedishstore.net and see what kind of deal he can hook you up with. I don't think you'll need too much in the way of extra equipment for the 211k if you're doing EA since IIRC the LNBF for that setup will support two dual tuners and a single tuner without a switch.

Get Direct TV on the other two TVs. I know some Habeeb dude at work who has both Dish and Direct since they offer different stations. And, of course, if you are willing to pay the price for it.

I've had great experience with Dish CSRs. I've actually once helped an Indian one understand the system better. And Tech Support has always been spot on. When they realize I know what I'm talking about, they skip past the "Are you sure the unit is plugged in?" time wasting nonsense.

Keep in mind, some folks have rightly or wrongly developed a distaste for Dish (or any other company) and simply hold a grudge, always commenting negatively on them.

Well I called and they told me that to do 5 TV's it would cost $108 for installation. Not too bad. I just haven't decided what I want to do. I have a feeling that U-verse may be coming next year sometime. You would thing Tv providers would be simple. Nothing is simple anymore. I am worried about line of sight for Dish too. It might be tight.

What’s the deal with the enlarged picture on broadcasts ... ?

Nashville HD locals, what do I need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts