Dog TV --- The First Television Channel for Dogs

Not surprised that something like this exists. Funny part, people will pay for this channel (cough cough my mother-in-law cough cough). Then you will have those who will complain that $5 for one channel is outrageous (cough cough my father-in-law cough cough). In all, this is where I personally say that we have too many channels out there. If we have room for something like this, we should start incorporating some international channels in English to go with our international packages. I'm speaking of CBC, BBC, etc.

William Holden and Peter Finch would have approved. And would have already added the Cat Channel(all hairballs all the time).

Last edited:
cosmo_kramer said:
I wonder if the channel line-up will look something like this:

4:00 pm - Lassie
5:00 pm - Dog Whisperer
6:00 pm - Scooby-Doo
6:30 pm - Dog, The Bounty Hunter
7:00 pm - The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (Red Carpet Special)
8:00 pm - The 136th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

:)

And show movies like Beethoven, Benji, Cujo and Old Yeller.

I wonder if the channel line-up will look something like this:

4:00 pm - Lassie
5:00 pm - Dog Whisperer
6:00 pm - Scooby-Doo
6:30 pm - Dog, The Bounty Hunter
7:00 pm - The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (Red Carpet Special)
8:00 pm - The 136th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

:)
I was expecting Roseanne Barr 24 x 7

Believe it or not I actually did have a dog that would watch TV. Only when there were dogs on. Animal Planet was her favorite channel and Dog Whisperer was her favorite program. I have had many dogs in my life, but only one that would actually watch TV.

RIP Maggie, a wonderful Chinese SharPei who I will never forget............

My Dog isn't interested in TV, she finds it noisy and annoying and $4.99/ month can buy half a roasted BBQ Chicken, once a month.

My dog's TV is lying out in the yard looking at all the weirdo's and other dogs going by or sitting in the back of my truck barking at other dogs on the streets.
as for advertising well nothing beats a trip to the pet superstore and sniffing all the smoked bones down the treats aisle or sniffing new brands of dog food, course the grooming and shampoo section is to be avoided
it's also near the in store vet clinic another reason it should be avoided.

But Dog TV could be useful to some dogs.

my dog is licking his chops over this channel. Now if I can get him to take out the garbage and load and empty the dishwasher then he could earn the $4.99/month but until then no bow wow channel for him :)

I refuse to call it Nat Geo. I'm tired of the dumbing down of America. As such, I will continue to refer to it as National Geographic, even if it is filled with reality-type crap that would have the founders of the magazine spinning in their sarcophagi.

OTOH, at least it's better than "The Learning Channel", where the only thing I've learned is how annoying families with too many kids are. Or, the Science Channel, where flinging pumpkins is considered a science.

Or Syfy...notice they removed both the Science and the Fiction with the name change (and also from the content), and now it's just Silly Fantasy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)