Don't use the new Redbox instant service!

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
In an earlier thread I posted my findings on the new Redbox streaming service. Today I tried to cancel and it won't accept my user name and password. I tried to change password and it won't let me do that either. I contacted their on line chat and they gave me a link with info to cancel..it doesn't work. I saw postings on other sites where folks have had difficulty canceling too. This whole thing has turned out to be a lousy deal from the start for me. I'm just advising others not to try their new service, and if you do, remember you've been warned here.

In an earlier thread I posted my findings on the new Redbox streaming service. Today I tried to cancel and it won't accept my user name and password. I tried to change password and it won't let me do that either. I contacted their on line chat and they gave me a link with info to cancel..it doesn't work. I saw postings on other sites where folks have had difficulty canceling too. This whole thing has turned out to be a lousy deal from the start for me. I'm just advising others not to try their new service, and if you do, remember you've been warned here.

Thanks and I won't be using them now!! :)

I just called RedBox at 866-733-2693 to get them to cancel since there was no way to do it on line. They said I'd get a confirmation email. Looking for the email and waiting til March 3 to see if they bill my credit card lol

I had to call to cancel. They gave you 4 DVD for free to try with beta streaming but no blu ray. Was no biggie. Took a few minutes to call and cancel.

I just signed up now that the APP is on the Roku. for $9 a month I get their streaming service plus 4 free blu-ray credits (worth $6.60) . Awesome!

I think they only have like 4k right now. The service has a long way to go, but I like the fact that I get 4 free blu-ray rentals in the $9. I can pay $2-3 for rainy day streaming service.

I watched Hugo in HD a little last night, looked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts