Don't use the new Redbox instant service!

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
In an earlier thread I posted my findings on the new Redbox streaming service. Today I tried to cancel and it won't accept my user name and password. I tried to change password and it won't let me do that either. I contacted their on line chat and they gave me a link with info to cancel..it doesn't work. I saw postings on other sites where folks have had difficulty canceling too. This whole thing has turned out to be a lousy deal from the start for me. I'm just advising others not to try their new service, and if you do, remember you've been warned here.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
In an earlier thread I posted my findings on the new Redbox streaming service. Today I tried to cancel and it won't accept my user name and password. I tried to change password and it won't let me do that either. I contacted their on line chat and they gave me a link with info to cancel..it doesn't work. I saw postings on other sites where folks have had difficulty canceling too. This whole thing has turned out to be a lousy deal from the start for me. I'm just advising others not to try their new service, and if you do, remember you've been warned here.

Thanks and I won't be using them now!! :)

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I just called RedBox at 866-733-2693 to get them to cancel since there was no way to do it on line. They said I'd get a confirmation email. Looking for the email and waiting til March 3 to see if they bill my credit card lol

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I had to call to cancel. They gave you 4 DVD for free to try with beta streaming but no blu ray. Was no biggie. Took a few minutes to call and cancel.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I just signed up now that the APP is on the Roku. for $9 a month I get their streaming service plus 4 free blu-ray credits (worth $6.60) . Awesome!

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I think they only have like 4k right now. The service has a long way to go, but I like the fact that I get 4 free blu-ray rentals in the $9. I can pay $2-3 for rainy day streaming service.

I watched Hugo in HD a little last night, looked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)