DVI Conflict Error After Software Update 7.26

Also, if I may add, after your receiver receives software upgrade 7.33 can you check to see if you are still getting the same error connection through DVI. Thanks.

I have a Sony LCD with 768p native resolution connected through DVI. I haven't had any problems with it in either 1080i or 720p. But I am sure there are some models that may. Also I forgot can you post the native resolution of your TV besides the model number and the brand.

Thanks for the welcome SeanMota,

My TV is a Sony - KDF60XS955 set at 1080i (though I believe that the manual states that all signals are displayed at 788p. 1368 dots X 768 lines).

The wording (from memory) was 'DVI Conflict Error - Pease correct the DVI ....'

By the way, I tried starting things in reverse order (STB then TV) and it worked! Let's see how long this lasts.

Very interested... That when you tried the reverse order it worked. I have a harmony remote and it kind of turn on the stb before the TV. The TV (sony as well) takes a few seconds to come on. Maybe this is why I never had a problem with DVI. Please let me know if anyone who was having problems with it are still having the same problem even after reversing the order of turning TV and STB.

OK I have the Sony KP-51WS520 . I have the stock VOOM DVI Cable with the Monster DVI to HDMI adaptor.

I did not turn off my STB last night but I did get the 7.33 update. This morning I turned my TV on and got the DVI Connect Error.
I Turned it (the TV) back off, waited and Turned it back on.
Regular Picture Came Back.
I did not Cycle the STB.
I did not jiggle the cable.

Had the same problem

I have a Sony 50WE655 and a Monster HDMI and just went through the same problem. Taking out the cable and reinserting worked for me. It took several tries to get it right. I found if I just barely inserted the HDMI in I would get picture but no sound strange as it sounds. Finally it clicked in just right and have not had a problem since .

Crap,
Plz disregard my last post. Just fired up Voom an guess what
DVI conflict. I give. What now.
Matt

No doubt an issue

I also have a Sony 50w655. And also get the dreaded DVI conflict. I have three of the voom receivers I have swapped them out with each other. hard resets, soft resets, I am using the supplied DVI cable with a DVI/HDMI adapter, has anyone tried using Monster DVI/HDMI cable? Customer Rep supervisor told me today there will be a new receiver in March to take care of the problem, I set up the component cables and of course the problem goes away, The supervisor stated their should be little difference between the component and DVI cables. I guess Americans just like paying a butt load (Texas unit of measure) of money for the uncompressed cables in lieu of spending $20 dollars at Wallmart. I will keep checking in to hear of solutions.

i am also having a DVI problem I have a sammy hlp-6163w that i got a little over two months ago. components work fine. my DVI problem is that every couple of minutes the screen will blank out for a second or two. it does it every two minutes or so and is unusable! i've had voom send me a different DVI cable - different STB - change resolutions - update software, etc. I went to best buy and "borrowed" a phillips HD OTA and DVD combo with DVI outputs. It works just fine on my sammy. any suggestions 'cause i'm really frustrated right now?

DVI Conflict Errors

It's a shot in the dark, but try this: Re-Verify Voom. Voom button, green button twice, 7-Installer menu, 1- Installation Wizard, 7-Verify Voom. When you verify Voom at the initial installation the STB checks your tv to see if it is copy right compliant, it may be that the new software versions are overwriting this info and it has to be re-verified. Not sure if this will work, but it is worth a try.

Only 10 Days of VOOM and now a DVI Conflict Error--Told I can NEVER use my DVI connec

Wow--I was so happy with VOOM, after a horrendous partial install and a stupendous final install, I thought I was VOOMing and planning VOOM parties.
Today--turned on VOOM--nothing changed--nothing moved or disconnected and it started rebooting itself and downloading software.

THEN, I got the message about a DVI Conflict and the Tech said it was a software glitch and I would just have to use my Component Cables.

I did NOT spend $2500 on an HD TV with 1080 i to have to use the component cables.

I have the software HAL version 7.37 (came with the VOOM box).

Can anyone please HELP with this? There must be a solution--as for 10 days everything worked just fine with my DVI connection--how can this be reversed?

DVI COnflict Error Sony 42 WEga

RamenKing said:
I have Voom for 2 weeks now. I use a DVI/HDMI cable (from Better Cables) to connect the receiver to my TV (Sony 42WE655). First week went by without any problem. Last Tuesday, after a software update, I began to see "DVI Conflict" errors on my screen. If I put the receiver to Stand By for a few hours (sometimes a few minutes), the error disappears and everything returns to normal.

I called Voom a few times. One person told me that it is probably because my TV doesn't support HDCP or my DVI cable is not DVI-D. I am pretty sure my TV supports HDCP just fine. Afterall, I watched over a week of Voom programming without problem. I just went back to Better Cables' web site and the cable is DVI-D. Again, if the DVI/HDMI cable was bad, I doubt I'd have been able to watch any programming that first week.

Has anyone experienced similar problem with the 7.26 update? :confused:

YES--I just had the same problem--just posted a thread on that--I did not try putting the TV in standby. Same thing--it was about 10 days since I had VOOM installed and all worked just great at during that time.

Today--all of a sudden, after this software download--just like you--I had this DVI conflict error.

I have the exact same model of SONY.

My software version was 7.37.

What kind of set is it? My DVI works fine. Sometimes its nothing more than in which order the box or display is turned on first.

Threads merged.

bookwalk said:
Wow--I was so happy with VOOM, after a horrendous partial install and a stupendous final install, I thought I was VOOMing and planning VOOM parties.
Today--turned on VOOM--nothing changed--nothing moved or disconnected and it started rebooting itself and downloading software.

THEN, I got the message about a DVI Conflict and the Tech said it was a software glitch and I would just have to use my Component Cables.

I did NOT spend $2500 on an HD TV with 1080 i to have to use the component cables.

I have the software HAL version 7.37 (came with the VOOM box).

Can anyone please HELP with this? There must be a solution--as for 10 days everything worked just fine with my DVI connection--how can this be reversed?

Have you tried to reboot you box this will help sometimes

B.Greenway said:
What kind of set is it? My DVI works fine. Sometimes its nothing more than in which order the box or display is turned on first.

It's a Sony 42WE655. I did everything exactly like I have been doing for past 10 days.

What set do you have?

My software version is 7.37.

TYORK said:
Have you tried to reboot you box this will help sometimes

Yes--at least per the VOOM tech's suggesion--first I pushed the VOOM box Power button for 10 seconds to reboot.

Next thing was to unplug the VOOM box (while it was still on) for 30 seconds.

Then had to go in and Verify VOOM.

Nothing has helped.

I had the same exact problem only it did not result from a software update. Mine was working fine for about a week when it started. Voom sent another receiver only to have the same problem. Finally I was messing around with it and got it to work by pulling out the cable in the Voom box and kind of gently set it inside. A little wiggling and it worked. The box reset itself doing this but the picture is fine. The cable is barely in there. Hope this helps because it drove me nuts.

bookwalk said:
Yes--at least per the VOOM tech's suggesion--first I pushed the VOOM box Power button for 10 seconds to reboot.

Next thing was to unplug the VOOM box (while it was still on) for 30 seconds.

Then had to go in and Verify VOOM.

Nothing has helped.

Have you got a different DVI cable i had to go out and relplace on the other day on the same kind of tv and it is working fine have not heard back from the customer we have had a few bad dvi cables here and there.

I have a JVC D-ILA HD-52Z575 which will not interface via the DVI port on the receiver to the HDMI of the TV. JVC told me that it was a Motorola software issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)