V 7.26 loses settings after reboot

tdillon

Loster then I Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 9, 2004
Since I've gotten version 7.26 I noticed this new program "feature." Now, if the box locks up and I need to do a reboot the box loses my OTA channel blocking list. It re-enables all OTA channels that were found during the last OTA channel scan. A reboot also resets the Caller ID preference back to off. These remembered settings survive a standby, but not a reboot of the STB. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

confirmed. hidden locals come back after reboot. ditto the "quick settings".

On related note, the lockup-when-changing-channel problem I reported earlier MAY be related to callerID. I disabled it and haven't seen the problem since.

I had to reboot one on my boxes and noticed the same thing - all of my blocked locals came back, and callerID set to No.

RPacion said:
I had to reboot one on my boxes and noticed the same thing - all of my blocked locals came back, and callerID set to No.

Ditto here.

Also, another wierd one.

With callerid on, the phone rang this morning, and, I SWEAR, it showed the callerdid from the last call recvd, , which was last night, not the current one!!!

The phones in the house showed the current call.

Anyone else see this?

does any else still have the problem where when u watch a program on voom it will blink out for a second or 2, (usually happens to me during prime time guaranteed to happen when i watch a TNT primetime show?)

since software upgrade my box has crasehed twice? who else is still having problems with lockups, The CSR's tell me it has to be my box not the software, there comment is " we have voom up on many tvs around the call center and it never does that here"

any thoughts guys?

Technut said:
does any else still have the problem where when u watch a program on voom it will blink out for a second or 2, (usually happens to me during prime time guaranteed to happen when i watch a TNT primetime show?)

since software upgrade my box has crasehed twice? who else is still having problems with lockups, The CSR's tell me it has to be my box not the software, there comment is " we have voom up on many tvs around the call center and it never does that here"

any thoughts guys?

yes, I get the 1 sec blackout on TNT, and yes to the lockup requiring reboot.

i got the new software on wednesday on one box and now I cannot get the menu to load and cannot get any of my satellite channels. I am only getting the OTa channels. I believe the stb has a circuit went bad. Although my other stb is working fine.

voom said that they are going to replace my stb next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)