DVR 510 Humming loud

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
On my second DVR 510 model since I started DVRing. First one the hard drive froze up. This one has started making a loud humming noise. I just called dish a few minutes ago. They said to unplug it for 10 minutes and if it is still doing it to call them back. Yes its back. Very annoying humming noise.

My other DVR in the other room is as quiet as a mouse. This one was too till the past day or so. Any ideas on the problem. Seems all these leased DVR's are crap. $5 to lease it and $6 to have a DVR on both dvrs I should at least get a receiver that works. :rolleyes:

From My experience refurbs are junk. I know it's a pain in the back side but keep sending them back. One thing though the 510's are out of production. May think about upgrading to a new 625. I have a 510 in the bedroom. Got it new 3 years ago. Works fine other than bad software every now and then.

Like Frank said keep trying. I wonder if they will come out with another DVR that is a single tuner. But for right now, the 510 is out of production like Frank said.

510 issues

I'm on my second 510. The first one started acting up a month and a half ago. Lost all my recordings and timers, hard drive started making noises. Started getting reboots when rewinding a program while recording. Shutoff, acquiring signal, downloading program guide. Got a replacement receiver, still doing the shut down, signal, download thing while recording. So it's pretty useless, as I have to watch the show live from beginning to end to avoid missing any part of the show as the reboot takes nearly 5 minutes. Is this a software, hardware, user issue? It was working great up until the reboots started. Thanks, George

I'm on my second 510. The first one started acting up a month and a half ago. Lost all my recordings and timers, hard drive started making noises. Started getting reboots when rewinding a program while recording. Shutoff, acquiring signal, downloading program guide. Got a replacement receiver, still doing the shut down, signal, download thing while recording. So it's pretty useless, as I have to watch the show live from beginning to end to avoid missing any part of the show as the reboot takes nearly 5 minutes. Is this a software, hardware, user issue? It was working great up until the reboots started. Thanks, George

Definiately software for yours. :( on second thought it could be a user issue. :haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts