DVR for RV

In your situation my recommendation would be to submit the forms on the website I posted earlier. You are saying that you have an RV and that is where the receiver is intended to be used all the time (well, 8-10 months out of the year). I also notice you had inquiries into distant networks.

The answer you were given regarding a "Snowbird" account are in fact correct, but the issue I see is that you aren't actually a "Snowbird" per se, you are someone who should have an RV/CV account. With distant networks as a possibility on RV/CV only accounts, that means you would benefit from it.

I think, based on the question as it was asked, it did generate some confusion. It illudes to use in an RV, but it does not specifically relate the question to that use. It more asks directly about a "Snowbird" account, in general. Good answer, wrong context I think. Sorry for the confusion.

As a "Snowbird", yes you can change the address as many times as needed (based on which house you are in at the time you change the address). You also do need to bring all active equipment with you when you travel.

As an RV/CV account, you can still change the address every time you relocate. You can get locals from the DMA you are in or distant networks (not both, simultaneously). You can also toggle, switching between distant networks (specifically LA or NY) and local DMAs for your current address (so long as you are in an area with a signal that provides those channels-spotbeam).

Last edited:
From what I can tell from this thread and other posts, elsewhere, ljr01 and Brandie may have the same issue.... The recent changes to 'how things work' have led to much confusion on this and I myself had to get clarification direct from EVT on this just today. I almost feel I should put a sign up that says "Pardon the dust, we are remodeling to provide you a better experience."

In your situation my recommendation would be to submit the forms on the website I posted earlier. You are saying that you have an RV and that is where the receiver is intended to be used all the time (well, 8-10 months out of the year). I also notice you had inquiries into distant networks.

That's exactly what I wanted in the first place. The Q & A you saw followed an exchange about an RV pay-as-you-go account with DNS. I was never interested in service to my house. So I don't need a 2nd account in my house and I can use the 722 I already have in the RV? last time I asked I was told I did and I couldn't.

I currently have Comcast and solid OTA signals in the house. I'll probably drop Comcast but its peanuts in addition since they are my internet provider. (My security system needs an internet connection.) I have no use for a Dish receiver in my house.

I'll send in the form and see what happens. All I'm trying to do is get back close to where I was before 01/01/2011 when my HD Distants from Sobongo disappeared.

OK.. The question is changing a little.

Are you asking if the DISH receiver can be used in the house on an RV/CV only account? No it cannot. The waiver for distant networks is based on your affirmation that the receiver and dish will not be used in a fixed dwelling. So you cannot use that receiver in the house if you are trying to get distant networks.

If you want it in the house when you are there, and want it in the RV when you are in it, you need to keep the account the way it is, and simply submit the RV registration information to us with your account number. You will not get distant networks if you are planning on using the receiver at home and in the RV.

No the question isn't changing at all. I have an RV. It has a 722 and a Dish account. I had HD Distants. They went away. I want them back. That's what I have been asking people from Dish since January. The people from Dish keep bringing my house up. I don't want Dish in my house. The other IRT member told me I was required to have it if I wanted service to my RV. That's why I asked about the snowbird thing instead. I don't want that either but again, Dish people told me it was my only option.

Now your telling me I can get what I asked for in the first place. If that works, I'll take it and I'm back where I started. None of this other stuff was my idea.

Oh, my apologies! LOL I was not clear on the question, so there is an answer to a question not asked. Oops. :eek:

If you want distant networks on an RV only account, fill out the forms on the website I provided.

Rumor has it, and I am looking for confirmation, that if you get "distant networks" on this type of account, you will get them from LA and NY. You will have access to both if you get a signal from the satellites they come from (119 and 110). LA provides some in HD, NY does not. Again, I am looking for confirmation. These channels are not provided by a third party, but direct from DISH Network.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)