E* Question

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
It looks like I'm going back to E* after a 10 month layoff. I'm getting the rental thing called Advantage something or another. I figure with E* I'll save $27 a month over cable with programming costing more and equipment to rent as well with a similar package.

E* was the best choice because of no commitment while DTV wants a 2-year commitment which I couldn't stomach along with the need of another dish for the locals. Then I find out that you have to pay an extra $12 to get a premium sports pack to get your damn regional RSN and other channels that should be in Total Choice Plus IMO. So TC+ at 45.99 plus Sports equals 57.99 which is still better than cable but E* offeres Encore and a couple other movie channels that you don't get with TC+.

There is a Dish 500 already in use here so will E* add "splitters" or what have you instead of a 2nd dish?

How do they hook up two TVs with one reciever? How do they transmit the 2nd signal? Through wires or what?

Last edited:
Roger,

OLN is gone from Dish as long as they insist on the terms they gave Dish. So, my guess is it is gone for an undetermined period of time.

For the TV hook-up question, the signal is sent via RF cable that must be run from the receiver to the second TV. The remote works via UHF so it will work from most anywhere in your house.

See ya
Tony

OLN is once again uplinked, yet unavailable to subscribers. So its a step in the right direction. I don't think anyone knows when or if it will be turned back onto subs.

For the TV hook-up question, the signal is sent via RF cable that must be run from the receiver to the second TV.

How is that usually done? On the outside or inside the house? The second room will be through a few rooms then down a long hallway to the other side of the room I want it in.

CSTV (College Sports TV), was uplinked for the longest time (perhaps a year?)before it was ever made available.

HokieEngineer said:
OLN is once again uplinked, yet unavailable to subscribers. So its a step in the right direction. I don't think anyone knows when or if it will be turned back onto subs.

Dish 625 - Dish 500 Twin Question

ViP 622 photo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)