EA or WA Best For Rain Fade

I can't explain Tampa's result in Florida, other than supposing that he has a whole lot more stormy weather to the south than he does to the west. My experience when I had mixed-arc was that 110/119 would frequently go out and stay out longer than my D500 on 61.5, which went out later (if at all) and for a shorter duration. And that was using the 61.5 LNB on one of those Y yokes rather than the I joke I put on later.

I see the same thing. I notice that there's a 10 deg difference in elevation between Orlando and Allentown, PA for the 61.5 . Maybe that's the reason we get less outage than them.

Reactions: TheKrell
Keep in mind, there were so many complaints the official ARC was changed from EA to WA, so not just me. As I posted same results in Ct.

What are your signal numbers? Like highest/lowest for each satellite?

On my ea around 60 on both sats.
Sure on a west may show higher strengths but it's not judged the same. I love that they are migrating to ea in our area because the tcs for rain/weather dropped.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Most of our storms come from the NW and move SE. The density of the rain would seem the same to me wheather it is coming(129) or going(61.5) as it passes over my house.

It seems like we have had an awful lot of rain fade this summer. In Western Massachusetts with a 1000.4 EA dish. When the dish was first installed about 5 years ago rain fade happened when it got cloudy. The dish was subsequently moved to a better location on my roof with a clear (ER) (not clear) line of site and things improved a lot. It does seem to be much more susceptible to rain fade than our previous Superdish on the western sats 110/119 when we were SD only. Just my perception of things.

After reading this thread I need to ask why I was switched from WA to EA this weekend when the tech was out trying to fix something else. Live in the Des Moines area and the signals are much lower than they were on the WA. Also, only picking up two satellites.

Live in the Des Moines area and the signals are much lower than they were on the WA. Also, only picking up two satellites.

You must compare apples with apples. WA includes many SD transponders that are still using QPSK modulation. EA almost exclusively uses 8PSK and this will register much lower on the "signal strength" scale. (It's more like an "inverse digital error rate" scale.) These differences will not affect your picture.

Are you having issues, such as missing channels or rain fade?

Nothing missing and no rain fade although we hadn't had any rain since the switch on Saturday. He said I would get additional hd channels but assumed I was getting all I was supposed to in the AT200

Meant to add I just thought it was odd that he decided to switch to EA.

'He' probably didn't decide. There are several markets around the country that Dish is moving to eastern arc. If you're in one of those markets then any time a tech is sent for whatever reason the work order includes an arc switch.

Two satellites is common of the eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts