Easiest Receiver to Use...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
I got thinkin' the other day - when it's time for me to buy a FTA receiver I really should find the easiest receiver to use.. Since I'll be depending on someone else to be pushin' the remote buttons for me I gotta make this as easy as possible.. As it is I'll need to print out some directions and stick 'em on the side of my TV..

So, all opinions will be very much appreciated..

Oh, a very good blind scan is a must..

Thanks, BK

I personally like the satworks or the coolsat, both of these units are pretty user friendly. The satworks has a great quality meter if nothing else when tweeking your dish. The coolsat has a very fast scan time.

Last edited:
Well we all have our opinions, looks like most of the newer models all are nice and have user friendly OSD , so you would have to consider what you want to gain from the receiver, what options you want, cause some have more options than others some do things faster, and the last thing after comparing all the reviews here and on the net of the receivers you like... is "the user base of each receiver." So with the members here and the receivers represented i don't think you will have a problem getting help or information to help you with no matter what receiver you pick.

I like my Coolsat 5000 , but honestly I think easy is knowing what you are doing,
1st time I plugged it in I was lost, it took me some time to get familiarized with FTA, now I feel that I can easily use any Set top box.

My Mom uses my Coolsat and knows how to move from Sat to Sat, change channels, volume control, everything else she doesn't want to know, so I do blind scans and anything else technical, but it's really simple once you get the hang of it.

As a newbie ( I still am one, but I have a few months experience now with the FTA setup), I liked the CS5K, it was fairly easy for me to setup and understand, but I started having problems when I motorized my dish. Now my fav is the Mercury II from Fortec.

Add my vote for the Traxis DBS-3500. It is by far the easiest receiver to operate, and is also less cumbersome than many of the others when it comes to finding new channels and operating a channel editor.

Thanks guys..

Looks like the Coolsat 5000 and Traxis 3500 are about tied..

I was pretty much set on the Traxis 3500, anyway.. For two reasons - the price and the blind scan.. This just confirms my decision.. The no AC-3 audio kinda reeks but, oh well.. Can't have everything, Hahaha..

Thanks again, BK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts