EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Wait till you have trouble falling asleep, then try and and read it, no need of any sleep drugs with that .

So glad every job ( mostly freelance)I have had with media companies was with statistics/analytics, never with the investment side, yes I had to read them for my reports and investment decisions, but they bore me so much.

What I do know is that they have the cash on hand for the first payment and that one of the things that put Hamid Akhavan in the CEO chair is his connection to Wall Street and ability to make financial connections
The one thing not reported and I assumed asked by prospective investors/banks/whoever, what is Dish’s plan to turn things around, how do they retain/ get new subscribers to all three of it’s services (TV, internet, phone) that are losing subscribers at increasing numbers.

For example, Dish lost almost a million Sat TV subs in 2023, a big jump from 2022 where it was about 700,000 who left, how can this stop?

And the last question they should be asked, how do you plan on making money with the spectrum.

Since we are finding out they did the build out on the cheap, just to cover the FCC requirements, how much will it cost to make it fully functional.

Dish needs to have these answers ready.

The one thing not reported and I assumed asked by prospective investors/banks/whoever, what is Dish’s plan to turn things around, how do they retain/ get new subscribers to all three of it’s services (TV, internet, phone) that are losing subscribers at increasing numbers.

For example, Dish lost almost a million Sat TV subs in 2023, a big jump from 2022 where it was about 700,000 who left, how can this stop?

And the last question they should be asked, how do you plan on making money with the spectrum.

Since we are finding out they did the build out on the cheap, just to cover the FCC requirements, how much will it cost to make it fully functional.

Dish needs to have these answers ready.
I'd be curious to hear those answers, also

As long as EchoStar stock is above $5 a share, it ain't going bankrupt anytime soon. Right now it sells for about $14 a share. Relax folks.

This Wall Street expert says it's worth $38!

Yep, let us listen to this guy who wrote that-

Analyst Gregory Williams works at TD COWEN with a stock forecast success ratio of 7.47%

Here are the top guys-

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish is still turning a profit...they are not losing money...just not making as much profit as before
Dish TV is still making a profit, correct, unfortunately that profit has to go to the debt, which then results in a loss for the whole company.

Now the profit from Dish TV is no longer enough to support the company as a whole, no one could predict, including myself, how fast cord cutting would happen.

By the end of the year, there will be more households without paid Live TV then with, I thought we were about two-three years away from that, Dish must of also.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish TV is still making a profit, correct, unfortunately that profit has to go to the debt, which then results in a loss for the whole company.

Now the profit from Dish TV is no longer enough to support the company as a whole, no one could predict, including myself, how fast cord cutting would happen.

By the end of the year, there will be more households without paid Live TV then with, I thought we were about two-three years away from that, Dish must of also.
A profit means any money leftover after paying all expenses. If there's a profit at all then the company is supported. Even at 0 profit, that would be considered break even. Once you get close to there then you're in some trouble.

Umm do you have any links from experts saying this?

Actually, the smart managers file for bankruptcy while they still can pay their bills but can see the storm clouds coming.
Then, whomever is holding the debt takes the hit when they file.
True...usually they get a baseline offer to sell before their assets go up for auction in bankruptcy too...so they don't give the store away

True...usually they get a baseline offer to sell before their assets go up for auction in bankruptcy too...so they don't give the store away
Just because there might be a bankruptcy, does not mean the assets will go up for auction.

For example, the Spectrum, FCC has rules in place Dish cannot start selling some until 2025, some in 2026, some in 2027.

This will be something that has to be figured out between the Court and the FCC.

That of course if it is a Chapter 7, in a Chapter 11, things are very different.

Defranco loading up on SATS.