Enterprise on HD net kills my 622

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I recorded Ep 1 and Ep 2 of Enterprise.

Besides the sound sync being way off twice, on 4 occasions, the sound stopped working.

My 622 has been problem free and I run it via optical to a Yamaha RXV2600.

I noticed that the sync was way off. I swapped to another recorded program and it was fine. Went back to Enterprise, 3 seconds of sound then nothing and the PCM light goes off on my reciever.

I reboot, more sync issues but finish watching the show. Hit Delete and again the sound is gone from all channels.

Reboot and continue to use the box for a few days. Ep2 shows up on the DVR, again 1/2 way through, no sound, reboot, and again no sound after delete.

TV2 works fine all the time.

Anyone else?

It is not Enterprise. It is the new software that dish put on the 622 for the On Demand programming. Numerous people are having audio dropouts as well no audio at all on their systems.

I have the same audio sync issues, with Enterprise and other programs, on my 622. I also am connected via optical cable.

Tom Bombadil said:
It probably overheated during the T'Pol & Trip "oil up" scene.

:lick Yea - that puppy is gonna be burned into my head for awhile.... Wow !!!

I did notice the sync way off. Didn't lose the audio though...

Eric: You mentioned the "PCM Light". Do you have the 622 downmixing DD5.1 to PCM (I do not)?

(maybe it doesn't matter sice the 622 is always downmixing for the analog outputs anyway).

I've found that if you're watching it using analog audio out, the audio sync of the HDNet channels is slightly better. It's a combination of issues - the audio sync gets thrown a bit by DISH downconverting the HDNet's to 1440x1080... they need to add a couple hundred milliseconds of delay to the audio to get it to match the video. Also, digital receivers decoding Dolby Digital adds a bit of delay. This usually is a non-issue, but since HDNet is out of sync to begin with, it just makes it worse.

David,

No it doesn't downmix. I get a signal indicator on my Yamaha of what is coming through which I always set to STRAIGHT and PCM encoding.

The lack of a PCM light just means that I'm not getting a signal at all, not what is contained in the signal. When it first switches over, or when I change channels it comes up and says DD 5.1 or whatever format, then the display just goes to PCM.

My 622 and Yamaha have been acting up since Enterprise had gone on the air. I even lost the center channel on BSG one day. I pulled the whole receiver out and and rechecked the wiring (its ok), weird stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)